Maguire - broken leg

f***ing shame that news. Fact he tried to play on but knew it was bad when he slapped the turf. Dunno how Physio thought he could run it off mind.

Not sure that Morgan kid gets it and as a loanee, mmmmm. Gooch aint fit enough to last the 90 so the pair best work summit out.

Hugh blow to us.

Should never have been dropped in the first place and proved his importance over the last game and 18 mins.

No doubt we'll got back to how we were.

I disagree. He needed to be dropped. However, I think that he should have been brought back into the side sooner.

We’ve already seen a few times this season, his form dips, Ross drops him, he comes back after a game or two and he plays well again. I think that’s how you have to manage him.

Big miss for the remainder of the season.

I'm gutted Maguire's out (he looked incredibly sharp on Tuesday and has been heavily involved in most of our best performances this season) but I think some are being slightly revisionist about his impact. He's played in plenty of games in which we've created barely anything too. I think it's alot to do with tactics and instruction as it is to do with personnel too.
Further to the post above and reading the rest of the thread suggesting it’s the end of the world, I just had a glance at the line ups for what I thought were some of our worst, most uninspiring, least creative performances of the season and Maguire was playing in all of them. Plus our best recent performance in my opinion was Charlton away in the first half and he wasn’t playing then.

I’m not suggesting he was to blame for any of those bad performances but it goes to show that his inclusion isn’t some magic fix that means we’d storm to promotion and equally his absence doesn’t mean that all our chances evaporate.

It’s a blow no doubt but we’ve got the biggest squad in the league so we should have enough to cope and it’s up to Ross to find a way to make it still work.

Further to the post above and reading the rest of the thread suggesting it’s the end of the world, I just had a glance at the line ups for what I thought were some of our worst, most uninspiring, least creative performances of the season and Maguire was playing in all of them. Plus our best recent performance in my opinion was Charlton away in the first half and he wasn’t playing then.

I’m not suggesting he was to blame for any of those bad performances but it goes to show that his inclusion isn’t some magic fix that means we’d storm to promotion and equally his absence doesn’t mean that all our chances evaporate.

It’s a blow no doubt but we’ve got the biggest squad in the league so we should have enough to cope and it’s up to Ross to find a way to make it still work.

He’s featured in every defeat this season ..

All two of them :lol: :rolleyes:
NO! It's was 4 (four). Don't sugar coat it Hank!:lol:

I have to agree with most of this. Around Christmas the start of January most people were calling for him to be dropped as he was playing rather poorly. There's no doubt that on his day he can be a match winner and I think he's the ideal impact sub just like he was against Burton, Walsall and Accrington. But there is days when he has looked like a waste of a shirt. I can remember back in January a lot of us were saying similar things about Honeyman and how it was a big blow (I was on of the main ones) that he is out of the team.

It's a blow but not the end of the world.

Last edited:
We don't need to replace him. Just change style to accompany who we have.

As long as Honeyman doesn't line up in the 10 we will be fine.

Could be an excuse to put power or Onein in to put extra legs in midfield alongside Cattermole and Leadbitter.

f***ing hell, anyone would think we'd just lost Messi ffs. I like Maguire and it's a shame to lose him for a while but it's not the end of the world. There was a time, not so long ago, people were glad he got dropped.

Exactly.. this is a player who has spent the last four seasons moving around clubs in the 3rd division..

Some Oxford fans were asking where he was the other week and I’d forgotten about him, had no idea if he was injured or dropped.

One thing is for sure .. the longer he’s out, the better he will get..

Bad news for the lad

Exactly.. this is a player who has spent the last four seasons moving around clubs in the 3rd division..

Some Oxford fans were asking where he was the other week and I’d forgotten about him, had no idea if he was injured or dropped.

One thing is for sure .. the longer he’s out, the better he will get..
You dont watch us then?

Our squad has lost options without him, there is no spin that turns this into anything other than a bad thing. That said, every club will suffer injuries from now in and we have a bigger , deeper squad than most.

Back