Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

that's daft. I dont have that much time to dedicate to games anymore. By the time I finish one the other will be a tenner
You have been whinging about having no good games to play on this gen though. Get gears first then you can come on here pretending it is a class exclusive and PS4 is shit.

What is the verdict then from those who have played it?
I like it so far, seems quite repetitive at times though (go somewhere, inflict damage, take down boss) but I've only played it for a few hours.

It's good at getting you to root for Lincoln Clay, I won't spoil it but in true Mafia style there's a massive betrayal against him which makes the player want to end the mafia.

The missions where you need to take down a bunch of enemies before advancing reminds me of Assassin's Creed, can take cover and then just wait it out until you've learned their movements before taking them from behind (oioi)

The soundtrack is class whilst the driving takes some getting used to. I'm hoping later in the game I get more choice regarding missions, so far there's only one mission every time but I guess that'll happen once you get all the underbosses.

Overall it's very good so far, but I hope the choices branch out a bit more.

Had a few hours on this and cannot really get into it. Seems clunky as fuck.

Intro is canny and then the game just seems to lose it's way. Doesn't feel like a Mafia game at all. I'm basically some big black bloke who is just going around killing everyone, and so far I've not seen any real achievement for doing so (mind haven't got that far in yet).

It just doesn't feel like a Mafia game. Even the characters in it so far are more than forgettable (I really can't remember any of them so far) and I'm not really that sure what I'm doing (bar going places, killing shit and then killing a boss when he appears). Hope that isn't the whole game??

Still, will be playing it till the end no doubt. Hopefully gets better.

Oh, and for someone that was in the Special Forces in NAM he doesn't like carrying any ammo about. Fucks me off finding a nice gun and then having to ditch it every time I fight as it runs out of ammo straight away.

Done the opening hour or so and I think it is ok so far. Graphically unimpressive though (PC with new patch installed).

I am enjoying it so far but I am not far in. The gameplay hasn't moved on much at all from Mafia II but the story is decent so far.

Game is getting duller the more I play it. Just the same thing.. Go to a place, hide against a wall, whistle, kill the guy. Rince and repeat.

Cars are dull as fuck. Guns are dull as fuck. Bloke doesn't change or do anything, dull as fuck. I don't feel like it has anything to do with any Mafia whatsoever.

Trying my best to play it just to finish it. But fuck me it's a chore. How can they let such a fantastic first game get to this?

Game is getting duller the more I play it. Just the same thing.. Go to a place, hide against a wall, whistle, kill the guy. Rince and repeat.

Cars are dull as fuck. Guns are dull as fuck. Bloke doesn't change or do anything, dull as fuck. I don't feel like it has anything to do with any Mafia whatsoever.

Trying my best to play it just to finish it. But fuck me it's a chore. How can they let such a fantastic first game get to this?
My feelings too
Also how the hell can you relate to the character you're playing or even begin to try and sympathise with him when he's a mass murderer.
Even Vito seems dull as shite. It's just been thrown together then they've grabbed a good few songs to get you on it

Completed it now. Shite.
Going straight on eBay. Incredibly poor story and quite buggy gameplay too. 4/10

Last edited:
My feelings too
Also how the hell can you relate to the character you're playing or even begin to try and sympathise with him when he's a mass murderer.
Even Vito seems dull as shite. It's just been thrown together then they've grabbed a good few songs to get you on it

Completed it now. Shite.
Going straight on eBay. Incredibly poor story and quite buggy gameplay too. 4/10

Wouldnt bother with eBay. Cex are offering £32 cash (or £36 voucher)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back