Mackies corner area

Changes in company ownership ongoing.

You’d be surprised how many customers travel to our Boldon store each week.

Thank you. Boldon still open 👌

We were there 3 years in total. Some commercial tenants can get a few months at the start with reduced rent but not all. Boldon has always been a destination store mate. People travel from all over the country to visit.
We went to the Boldon store last year for my Husband’s suit for our daughter’s wedding. Our son in law and his best man also went there for their suits.
It was easier than going into town, and parking was free nearby.

Cafe 1851 being booted for unpaid rent.
Hopefully it doesn't stay empty for long, if ran correctly it should be a really good business and great addition to the area.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if there are any plans or news on whats going on Bridge House area? Obviously everyone has been served noticed but the rumours are going into overdrive, council are slightly annoying getting any sort of paperwork off too but thats just a small complaint.

Most of the people whinging about the city centre being a ghost town probably never even shopped in Master Debonair, just jumping on the bandwagon.

Consider and shop local before heading elsewhere. Maybe then we’d have a more thriving town.
Much more to it mate , hardly anyone works in town so Monday - Friday there’s hardly any money being spent , Sunderland is an industrial city and it’s been developed like a donut with all the jobs on the outskirts and nowt in the middle

Much more to it mate , hardly anyone works in town so Monday - Friday there’s hardly any money being spent , Sunderland is an industrial city and it’s been developed like a donut with all the jobs on the outskirts and nowt in the middle
Town might look busy Monday-Friday but its either students just walking through, pensioners just walking about or just a selection of people who don't spend much. I have to walk up Fawcett Street every day and its not looking good. We need small/start up businesses but the council seem to only want big businesses who are willing to take a huge floorspace of offices. I hope it works but I cant imagine theres a lot of companies wanting 20k square foot of office space with little parking when you can go to out of town sites instead. Also as Im in town every day spending money I can complain ha.

I had a feeling master debonair wouldn’t last
You didn’t see many using it when I passed at different times ir their bags about
I bought a few things there mind

Most of the people whinging about the city centre being a ghost town probably never even shopped in Master Debonair, just jumping on the bandwagon.

Consider and shop local before heading elsewhere. Maybe then we’d have a more thriving town.

In the last week we've tried The Botanist (spent nowt) , Keel Square Tavern (spent a few bob), M&S (spent a few bob) & (the excellent)Spent Grain (spent a few bob+) - it's a bit cathartic isn't it?

Back