Macclesfield Town

I don't get the Bale comments

Every industry has it's smaller companies going bust and top individual performers earning handsome salaries

The one on the lhs of the road walking away from the ground, from the main stand?

All down to yet again a wonderful owner.
Yes, think so. It's out the Main Stand, rturn left, follow road round to the right passed a row of shops and a Demolition site
Yes, think so. It's out the Main Stand, rturn left, follow road round to the right passed a row of shops and a Demolition site
Was a proper rough shithole back in the day

I see they owed Campbell £173k (I'm not saying he should have waived it), that's an incredible amount for a club in the financial trouble they were already in to pay a manager who was there for 10 months. Or am I out of touch and lots of league 2 managers are on £4k per week?

Unless the story's changed it wasn't Campbell that was owed the money but John Askey.

Unless the story's changed it wasn't Campbell that was owed the money but John Askey.
Hmm, I think the BBC might have changed the article, I'd forgotten Campbell had been their manager until I read it. Or I'm going really loopy, which is entirely possible.

Nice little ground. Went there as a neutral a few times when working in Manchester. Very friendly people. Odd stand behind one end, where there were a few rows of seating, but the traditional 'home end' standing area was behind you. Always felt really close to the pitch, it was a real throwback. I hope they can continue playing football there at some level.

Nice little ground. Went there as a neutral a few times when working in Manchester. Very friendly people. Odd stand behind one end, where there were a few rows of seating, but the traditional 'home end' standing area was behind you. Always felt really close to the pitch, it was a real throwback. I hope they can continue playing football there at some level.

The liquidator will sell it to the highest bidder. Unless it's listed as a community asset, I can't see it surviving. As for the football, it's a phoenix club situation.

Back