LVCC - Northants v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned back on the commentary and that tedious slag is back on.

Northants have chose NOT to use the heavy roller in this game, meaning we can't. Then again, seeing how we're likely to be bowling last that could be a good thing with Borthwick and Breese to bowl.

Turned back on the commentary and that tedious slag is back on.

Northants have chose NOT to use the heavy roller in this game, meaning we can't. Then again, seeing how we're likely to be bowling last that could be a good thing with Borthwick and Breese to bowl.

Borthwick was carrying a side strain into the Uni game but he was ok to bat with it. Hence him not bowling at all in that game. Of course he might be fit to bowl here but if we do well with the other bowlers I hope we don't have to risk him.

Borthwick was carrying a side strain into the Uni game but he was ok to bat with it. Hence him not bowling at all in that game. Of course he might be fit to bowl here but if we do well with the other bowlers I hope we don't have to risk him.

Goes without saying. It's good from us, but we've got no chance of maximum batting points. Which is kind of what I was getting at with my run-rate concerns :([DOUBLEPOST=1397403495][/DOUBLEPOST]Batting point!!!

Goes without saying. It's good from us, but we've got no chance of maximum batting points. Which is kind of what I was getting at with my run-rate concerns :(

Yeah the run rate's not great but I can understand our caution. Not played a FC game at Northants for years so conditions will be unknown to most of our lads. Also the first game of the season can be a bit of a lottery. We've got our first point now and I'd by happy with just two more batting points as long as we win.

Goes without saying. It's good from us, but we've got no chance of maximum batting points. Which is kind of what I was getting at with my run-rate concerns :([DOUBLEPOST=1397403495][/DOUBLEPOST]Batting point!!!
We ain't gonna win the title on batting points

Mustard might give it some tap as we near the 110 overs (assuming he's still in of course). Need 181 off 30 to get max points which ain't gonna happen regardless.

Well batted Colonel. Need a centurion in this innings for me and Colonel seems our last hope of that........[DOUBLEPOST=1397404857][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mustard might give it some tap as we near the 110 overs (assuming he's still in of course). Need 181 off 30 to get max points which ain't gonna happen regardless.

Yep, but. 131 off 30 for 4 batting points is looking unlikely.

There's to many so called supporters on here doom and gloom merchants. Good start by DCCC and trying to build a big innings. Would you rather we scored at 6 an over and be bowled out in 20 overs for 120.
Brandon you claim to like the longer format of the game but want it played at limited overs pace. 16 points for the win is the most important thing in this game. The bonus points will be nice but not essential in the first game of the season.

What live event is it on?

17[DOUBLEPOST=1397407009][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's to many so called supporters on here doom and gloom merchants. Good start by DCCC and trying to build a big innings. Would you rather we scored at 6 an over and be bowled out in 20 overs for 120.
Brandon you claim to like the longer format of the game but want it played at limited overs pace. 16 points for the win is the most important thing in this game. The bonus points will be nice but not essential in the first game of the season.

aye this, people are too quick to jump off a bridge when a wicket or two go down. it's a fairly long tail with breese up at 7 but it's not like he's never scored a hundred. mustard, arshad all have plenty of style as batsmen and bunny, harrison & rushy all have runs in them, we could still be declaring on 500 like*

*commentators curse :mad:

Last edited:
2nd batting point. Twenty overs to get a third which should be no problem as long as we don't collapse.

Totally agree[DOUBLEPOST=1397407437][/DOUBLEPOST]
Colly gone. After 5 hours of graft we're now hoying it away......

Hoying it away? Give over man[DOUBLEPOST=1397407577][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anything around 350 will be plenty with our attack

Yeah this ain't test cricket, 350 is a good score in a 4 day game, especially with our attack

I'm just an eternal pessimist.

I do like the longer format, I just like to see positive cricket. I wouldn't expect us to score at 6 an over but over 3 would be canny. You look at how successful players like Warner/Haddin were in the winter by looking to score and that is the kind of cricket I'd want my teams to play.

I appreciate that isn't always possible but the way the commentators have been talking there's been no demons in the pitch after the initial hour or so.

To bat all day after choosing to bat you're always happy, to only lose 5/6 wickets you're delighted but it would be nice to think you have 300 on the board.

On balance we've had a very good first day of the season and hopefully there's many more 'won' days to come.

Forgive my pessimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back