LVCC D1 - Warwickshire v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need to bat for a whole day and we have Rocky & Smudge batting when we start today.

What could possibly go wrong?

Rocky lasts 4 balls, this is depressingly familiar.

Just imagine, if you will, that our middle order were given the chance to play some shots rather than digging in to save an innings. We would piss this title.

And Smith goes. :mad:

As soon as Rudolph arrives then either Rocky or Smith has to go the distance. Benkenstein isnt a new ball player and its unfair on the likes of him when we cave in so early. We'll lose now. End of.

As soon as Rudolph arrives then either Rocky or Smith has to go the distance. Benkenstein isnt a new ball player and its unfair on the likes of him when we cave in so early. We'll lose now. End of.

Clearly they are all putting pressure on each other. Hopefully Rudolph could break the spiral

So annoying, has we have a fine side further own

What about an opening partnership of mustard and borthwick

Maybe and chuck Breeze into the lower middle

It's maybe got bad enough for wacky solutions

Muzza trying to soften up the ball has got to be better than this?

Last edited by a moderator:
81/8. We really can't bat for f***ing toffee. Or rather the top order can't......

I genuinely believe Stoneman has had enough chances to come good. I personally wouldn't play him or Smith in the next game, trouble is theres nobody else. f***ing awful situation for us to be in I suppose but who plays instead??

Fortunately they won't have to wait long to try and make amends for what I'm sure they'll all admit is an unacceptable batting display. If they can bounce back and get a win against Yorks then that'll go some way towards redeeming themselves.

It's still early days so no need to panic yet.

I know it doesn't count for much after only two games but our 9, 10 and 11 have scored more runs than our 1, 2, 3 and 4 have scored, and add Borthwicks runs to the lower order and it's more than twice as many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back