LVCC D1 - Surrey v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
Starts tomorrow at The Oval.

Forecast is decent - http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/se11_5ss

Expecting an unchanged Durham lineup. The top order need to start scoring runs but it won't be easy against a very good Surrey bowling unit. More of the same from Onions would be nice. Although I do worry about Stokes' bowling. He's arguably our most exciting batsman but has been very expensive with the ball so far this season.

Love 4 day cricket me. Hopefully the local radio down there will be broadcasting online again.

You would think that to win the CC we would need between 8 and 10 wins, with the rest in draws and inevitable defeats. Therefore there isnt a lot of margin for error if we lose at The Oval.

We need a win and to do that we need the top order to fire.

It's a must win game for us already. Low scoring game dominated by the bowlers seems to be the way at the moment. Two good seam attacks, I think Surrey have the edge in the batting though....

expecting an unchanged side

muchall, harmison, plunkett and stoneman all playing for the 2nd XI

From DCC Website

Durham CCC travel to The Kia Oval to take on Surrey CCC in the LV= County Championship this week and Head Coach Geoff Cook has named a twelve man squad for the fixture.

Ruel Brathwaite and Chris Rushworth are included in the potential line up with Ian Blackwell (shoulder) unavailable for selection.

Play is scheduled to start at 11am on Thursday 26 April and those supporters unable to attend can follow the action online, as it happens, by visiting Durham CCC’s Live Match Chat (www.durhamccc.co.uk/live-match-chat) or by following @durhamcricket on Twitter.

Durham CCC 12 man squad v Surrey CCC (26-29 April 2012)

MJ Di Venuto (23)
WR Smith (2)
PD Collingwood (5)
BA Stokes (38)
DM Benkenstein (44)
P Mustard (19) Captain/wicket keeper
SG Borthwick (16)
CD Thorp (36)
ME Claydon (25)
G Onions (9)
RMR Brathwaite (8)
C Rushworth (22)

From DCC Website
We're a batsman light and Rushworth will be 12th man. Fair enough really but the problem hasnt been taking wickets its been not scoring enough runs. Weather forecast looks crap so another draw might be on the cards.

i know its not surrey but in kent im not fair away and it has been fairly hammering it down most days, hope that changes.

quite surprised to see brathwaite to replace blacky over stoneman when we have been so short of runs. got to imagine another failure by smith would see rocky replacing him, tbf every batsman owes us an innings but smith is closer to the breadline of all of them.

frearsome bowling attack but brittle batting as always, could be 500-3, could be all out for 30, lets hope its the former

His action was always a one that could easily go wrong, but he always used to look like he could pick up big wickets. Not so much now

I remember him looking the real deal in an ODI in Aus when he cleaned up Gilchrist's stumps in the first over!

Sadly he is more interested in strutting around Durham's nightspots looking the part than actually working at improving and developing his game.

Yep. Real waste of talent is Plunkett. Real shame. Play abandoned for the day, I've never known such a shite start to a season weather wise. Hard to see there being a result in 3 days, especially with more rain forecast over the weekend.

brandon said:
Yep. Real waste of talent is Plunkett. Real shame. Play abandoned for the day, I've never known such a shite start to a season weather wise. Hard to see there being a result in 3 days, especially with more rain forecast over the weekend.

Especially considering a week before the season started it was mid-20s all over the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back