LVCC D1 - Durham v Yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be appropriate on a day of howling wind if Andrew Gale held the innings together. :cool:

There's some ignorant kernts in this lounge like that just waddle in and sit at the window blocking your view. 'Oh aye, I wasn't watching or anything like :roll:

I agree with this too, if a team scores 300+ on Day 4, Innings 4, then you've got to hold your hands up. What Colly has done is excellent IMO, go for 16 points at the expense of losing 3.
It would be a decent effort but not that exceptional at less than 3.5/over and I don't think enough to fully deserve to win a match where they have been outplayed for 3 days (or 2½ at least).

The other consideration is that if we can't bowl them out do we have good chances of actually securing the draw, and since even having lost 2 early wickets they are still very much in the hunt it seems no, we don't. Should have hoyed the bat for another 7 overs last night - or even the 15 we did bat after tea, and set them 370 in 96 today. Then I would have begrudgingly acknowledged they might just deserve it.

How many overs do they get today, 96? They only need another 146 off 41.

I thought it was a good declaration particularly and the forecast strongly indicated overs would be lost this morning. It will be a costly defeat mind - Yorks will struggle to win games because they wont bowl teams out and they look as if they will get a win here.

Root is a fantastic player.

I thought it was a good declaration particularly and the forecast strongly indicated overs would be lost this morning. It will be a costly defeat mind - Yorks will struggle to win games because they wont bowl teams out and they look as if they will get a win here.

Root is a fantastic player.

Been a great knock, need some inspiration with the new ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back