"Luxury" car tax

You should give him a job, then he finally be able to move out of his mam's house.
Shouldn’t mock people like that mate. Bad crack .

If someone was to mock your personal short fallings which you’ve shared on here , I’d have something to say about that aswell.

Last edited:

If someone was to mock your personal short fallings which you’ve shared on here , I’d have something to say about that aswell.
I have no idea if anyone else on this thread knows anything about his personal issues Gilly, i can 100% say i didn’t. it’s only becoming clear after the last few posts. The point is that if you don’t know his behaviour comes across as bizarre and very infantile, and in true smb style he gets called on it as you are calling @AndrewP out on his behaviour.
Happy to take his behaviour into account now i’m aware but prior to that no one can know what they don’t know 🤷‍♂️.

I have no idea if anyone else on this thread knows anything about his personal issues Gilly, i can 100% say i didn’t. it’s only becoming clear after the last few posts. The point is that if you don’t know his behaviour comes across as bizarre and very infantile, and in true smb style he gets called on it as you are calling @AndrewP out on his behaviour.
Happy to take his behaviour into account now i’m aware but prior to that no one can know what they don’t know 🤷‍♂️.
Cant believe people don’t have the social skills to read the room in the first instance.

That’s his prerogative. He’s not insulting anyone is he.

I'm not insulting anyone either.

I'm not mocking him, he can't see me posts.

Which "short fallings" have I shared on here, out of interest?

I have/had no idea about his personal issues. I'll read back to see what I missed.

I just saw someone coming across as jealous of people for having pretty normal things and blocking anyone pointing out his jealousy.

Last edited:
I'm not insulting anyone either.

I'm not mocking him, he can't see me posts.

Which "short fallings" have I shared on here, out of interest?

I have/had no idea about his personal issues. I'll read back to see what I missed.

I just saw someone coming across as jealous of people for having pretty normal things and blocking anyone pointing out his jealousy.
You’ve been here long enough to know the crack.

SBC can call me whatever he wants mate, that’s what mates do. Call each other.

When I get the lambo he’ll be the first person I give a go to.

And I will remind you I have been in a Lamborghini before telling you that you are on Ignore.
He’s got a job.

Just not a high paying job. Though it’s going up to just over £12 ph in July. It’s hard to make ends meet and get the material possessions that a lot of us desire and dream of. A lot of us only ever achieve possessions that are of an average level. A lot of us never quite aspire to our goals and dreams.

Which is why it is so frustrating when you see other people do. You wonder what they did so differently to you.
That’s his prerogative. He’s not insulting anyone is he.

I don’t think I directly made a general insult. I believe all I did was make a lot of stereotypical assumptions about the middle classes.

Last edited:
OP has a fair point...the ceiling needs to rise in line with car price rises

as everything goes up thanks to inflation having a fixed tax cutoff mean more and more cars move into this price bracket

bog standard cars like a bwm 320i start on just over 40k and that in no way a 'luxury' car

a golf gti with a couple of options is over 40k

these are not high emissions cars, these are not daft big range rovers, yet you are paying the same 'luxury' add on

the cutoff line should have gone up by inflation or RPi in line with other price rises...but off course its an easy money maker for the govt. ill thought out short termism

You’ve been here long enough to know the crack.

I've been here long enough still not to know whether or not he's just a windup merchant, if that's what you mean?
Pauls autistic and your behaviour on this thread is bordering on a hate crime.

He attends all home games and is a true petrol head.

Doxxing isn't big or clever. I had no idea he was Autistic anyway, if he is.
Just not a high paying job. Though it’s going up to just over £12 ph in July. It’s hard to make ends meet and get the material possessions that a lot of us desire and dream of.

£25k a year, I know marketing people on less.

Last edited:
Pauls autistic and your behaviour on this thread is bordering on a hate crime.

He attends all home games and is a true petrol head.
It cant be a hate crime if he didn't know about it ahead of time.

I didn't know he was autistic either, I treated him as I found him on here, and that's how an online forum works. Most of the time the flak he gets in reply, not just him getting picked on. This thread for instance.

Thanks for adding context anyway

Back