Lung capacity, natural running prowess etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can go a long way with thraining but some body types are more attuned to better performance if they train to the same degree. A resistance to injury being one of the main tributes,

Train train train.

Resting BPM in 2014 while training 50 to 60 miles a week and doing Hardoors Grandslam was 40bpm

Resting BMP in 2015 after 9 months of injury 63 bpm.

Train train train.

Resting BPM in 2014 while training 50 to 60 miles a week and doing Hardoors Grandslam was 40bpm

Resting BMP in 2015 after 9 months of injury 63 bpm.
Resting BPM of 40 is superb mate!!!

Surprised you were alive!

Resting BPM of 40 is superb mate!!!

Surprised you were alive!

Ha ha, a few of the other lads are in the mid to late 30 bpm, its become a bit of a competition ;)

2500 miles for the year is what did it guvnor, hopefully get back there next year :cool:

Reactions: mux
Mine was around 36 when I sleeping, I was in hospital on the heart monitors and the alarm kept going off, they had to keep turning the threashold down to 33 in the end.

Just measured mine whilst I am typing and eating a sarnie and its 56.

To be a really good runner do you need to be blessed with the necessary genetics?

I.e. lung capacity, strong cardio vascular system, long legs (??!!!) etc.?

Is there anything that you can improve via exercises or is it a case of doing the best with what you have and to formulate the best training programme, diet etc.?

I've always wondered if there is any sport that my body is best suited for, I was told at the weekend that it should be decent for cycling but I've read conflicting information.

Due to some genetic problems I have a reduced lung capacity. I had doctors tell me that I wouldn't be able to do hard exercise because it would "be like running in a corset". Regardless, after about eight months of training and from never running before I got to sub-25 minutes for 5k . That's massively average but I was really proud of myself. If I can do that then I'm sure you can do much better, just go for it mate.

I'm starting to run again next week after not doing anything since June due to illness. Doing a half marathon in February, going to smash the fucker.

Due to some genetic problems I have a reduced lung capacity. I had doctors tell me that I wouldn't be able to do hard exercise because it would "be like running in a corset". Regardless, after about eight months of training and from never running before I got to sub-25 minutes for 5k . That's massively average but I was really proud of myself. If I can do that then I'm sure you can do much better, just go for it mate.

I'm starting to run again next week after not doing anything since June due to illness. Doing a half marathon in February, going to smash the fucker.

With an attitude like that buddy you will smash it too.....Ok, your lung capacity might be restricted by genetic issues but I suspect it will be the best it possibly can be if you run regularly :)

What an uplifting and motivational reply, thanks very much. I do enjoy running in shape enhancing lingerie though so that's not going to change. ;)

I've never been the most gifted of runners but I'm doing the Sunderland Park Run every week, surely logic says I should be improving week on week but I'm actually getting slower:neutral:

I haven't ran for anything but the occasional bus in years and my lung capacity is supposedly good.

The report said my lung capacity is good and my FEV1/FVC ratio is over 80% which according to the report means "If it is above 80% and there is a normal or high lung volume then this may indicate a high athletic fitness."

The report also says:

We calculate your risk of coronary heart disease by looking at various risk factors. This gives you a 3% risk of developing coronary heart disease within the next 10 years. This score is better than the average for your age which is 5%.

You have a low risk (1 in 100) of developing diabetes in the next 10 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back