Los Alcázares, Murcia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coxhoedave

Midfield
Fancy Spain this year and read a decent report about this place. Certainly looks great with no high rises and a good beach. I couldn't give a toss about nightclubs and can't be arsed with scratters . I'm not averse to a beer or six but I'm a tight bastard so don't want to end up in a place with silly prices. Some fantastic looking apartments too. Who's been and what do you think about the place?

Fancy Spain this year and read a decent report about this place. Certainly looks great with no high rises and a good beach. I couldn't give a toss about nightclubs and can't be arsed with scratters . I'm not averse to a beer or six but I'm a tight bastard so don't want to end up in a place with silly prices. Some fantastic looking apartments too. Who's been and what do you think about the place?

Went there in October last year. Great place, quite low key (we were out of season mind). We've got 5 and 6 yo kids so it was perfect being 10mins from the airport. Would recommend Roda Golf which is just outside Los Alcazares. Also the local car rental company in the airport were reasonable - 45quid. Would definitely recommend a day in Cartagena - absolutely beautiful place, as was Murcia. We avoided the English restaurants which was easy as they're all on one street and the local restaurants were cheap and friendly. We've just booked flights over there this October.

Went there in October last year. Great place, quite low key (we were out of season mind). We've got 5 and 6 yo kids so it was perfect being 10mins from the airport. Would recommend Roda Golf which is just outside Los Alcazares. Also the local car rental company in the airport were reasonable - 45quid. Would definitely recommend a day in Cartagena - absolutely beautiful place, as was Murcia. We avoided the English restaurants which was easy as they're all on one street and the local restaurants were cheap and friendly. We've just booked flights over there this October.
Sounds just the job. We're looking at September

Sounds just the job. We're looking at September

Don't waste your time going to La Manga which is the strip of land on the other side of the lagoon - its just a 19km row of hotels. The Mercadona supermarket in the middle of town is ideal if you're self catering. Also a place called The Patio where they cook all your food in a wood smoked oven was good - you can't miss the place - it looks like the TittyTwister in From Dusk Till Dawn. Can't wait to go back there tbh.

Cracking little place just returned from a week holiday stayed at the Hotel 525. Chilled out place plenty of bars/restaurants the beach only a few minutes away from the square. Met some lovely people and no groups of bellends about great couples place. Also pleased we jumped on the bus to Cartagena (30/40min away €2) there was a couple of cruise ships in one of which was P & O Britannia and enjoyed the Roman amphitheater

Gets Bears seal of approval will be back

Last edited:
Cracking little place just returned from a week holiday stayed at the Hotel 525. Chilled out place plenty of bars/restaurants the beach only a few minutes away from the square. Met some lovely people and no groups of bellends about great couples place. Also pleased we jumped on the bus to Cartagena (30/40min away €2) there was a couple of cruise ships in one of which was P & O Britannia and enjoyed the Roman amphitheater

Did you get sunburnt over there, Bear? Yer face looks fucked in your avatar.

It's a great place, been there for a week, every year for the past 4 or 5 years, I have a mate who has an apartment at Mar Menor, about 10 mins in a taxi from the main area.

Some great little bars, really chilled out atmosphere, I know a lot of people who go there and no one has had a bad experience.
As Bear said, no bellends (he's not there now).....

La Zenia Boulevard (http://www.zeniaboulevard.es/gbr/home) is a canny day out if you want to do some shopping, then head to the bars and restaurants for some bait, it's about half an hour away by car, not sure of buses etc...

It's a great place, been there for a week, every year for the past 4 or 5 years, I have a mate who has an apartment at Mar Menor, about 10 mins in a taxi from the main area.

Some great little bars, really chilled out atmosphere, I know a lot of people who go there and no one has had a bad experience.
As Bear said, no bellends (he's not there now).....

La Zenia Boulevard (http://www.zeniaboulevard.es/gbr/home) is a canny day out if you want to do some shopping, then head to the bars and restaurants for some bait, it's about half an hour away by car, not sure of buses etc...
:lol::lol:

My parents have a place over there and I go regularly with my wife and kids. I'm a little biased, however I love the place.

There is one very stereotypical 'British street' in Los Alcazares with the usual bars and restaurants which is good if you are looking for football results etc... However if you keep away from this area and go to the Spanish restaurants it is amazing.

A couple of recommendations are the Patio in Los Alcazaes where you can get 'meat on the stones' which is basically strips of beef that you cook on a stone slab at the table.
'The Courtyard' called Restaurante LA ENCARNACIÓN is amazing.
As is 'the Pier' Restaurante San Antonio.

As said above, go into Cartagena at night and walk up Calle Mayor, pick a restaurant on the front street or the plaza and watch the world go by.
Same in the main square of Murcia.

I could go on and on! but the place still has a great 'Spanish' feel to it and hopefully their policy in the region of 2 Spanish Houses need to be built by a developer for every holiday home will keep the area from becoming another soul less British haven!

If you want anymore recommendations please DM me.

Los Alcazeras is canny but too full of Brits, meaning it's full of arseholes.

Are you looking for hotel or self catering?

Never been, but looking at Villas around Murcia for next year- think I'll go based on comments.

Do you know if the 525 is open all year mate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back