Look North

You can argue over the penalty, fair enough, but it's a clear foul. He's got his hand across his shoulder trying to pull him back and then when he sees the keeper he gives him an extra shove to make sure he can't get a shot away. Not the most forceful contact but running at full speed that is all it takes.

A better defender just lets him go. Don't make contact and run alongside him waiting for him to miscontrol it or force him wide or let the keeper come as I thought the keeper was going to almost get there anyway. It's the modern game and if the striker is clean through and you are all over him from behind then don't be surprised when you get sent off

I’m puzzled about the fuss. It certainly wasn’t a penalty. It was a weak foul and a weak red card. The incident with 5 minutes to go at the other end should have been a penalty.

I won’t be writing in though.

Yours,
Disgusted of Hetton-le-Hole

Maybe the ref made a mistake. However, if the Boro lad had kept his hands off Ross the penalty and red card would not have been given.

The best wrong decision I ever saw was in the 1978 League Cup Final replay between Liverpool and Forest. Phil Thompson deliberately and cynically brought down a Forest forward clean through on goal. He took him out in the D of the penalty area. However, the ref awarded a penalty, Forest scored from it and won 1-0. The reason it is so memorable is because Thompson was absolutely beside himself with rage at the decision both during and after the match. Justice done! :lol::lol::lol:

You can argue over the penalty, fair enough, but it's a clear foul. He's got his hand across his shoulder trying to pull him back and then when he sees the keeper he gives him an extra shove to make sure he can't get a shot away. Not the most forceful contact but running at full speed that is all it takes.
Pulled him back but he fell forward?

Is this going to be one of those things that Boro fans start repeating endlessly until in 5 years they use it as slur against us in the impression it offends us, whilst we all just look at each other bemused.

Like 'wee's keys are these keys' ... I've had mags at work buckled laughing at themselves saying that to me , as if I'm offended somehow. I just stand there looking at them the way you look at dog dragging it's itchy arsehole along a carpet

I’ve never found that insulting either. State of the Geordie accent man, it’s arful.

I’ve never found that insulting either. State of the Geordie accent man, it’s arful.

Cheesy chips and blue pop too...as an insult ? I mean haway, the most deprived areas of Newcastle are far worse than anywhere in Sunderland, coupled with the fact they are famous for being fat, and they think the words 'cheesy chips' is offensive to us? Unless I'm missing some highly intelligent gag that is beyond my limited brain capacity

I do like cheesy chips mind. If Sunderland is known for inventing it then bravo I say . It's a national dish

See you're using your fellow smoggies saying, "Your Cup Final". When will you realise your team are non-entities in football terms. When people mention Middlesbrough, it's only to talk about closed steelworks and boarded up houses.
Sunderland V Middlesbrough head to head we have won 62 drawn 38 and lost 51. We have won 6 League championships, 2 FA cups and been runners up twice in FA and League cup. Middlesbrough 0 League championships, 0 FA cup, 1 League cup, runners up FA cup once. Sunderland record attendance 75,118. Midlesbrough record attendance 53,596. Sunderland record average attendance 47, 785, Middlesbrough record average attendance 36,123. Sunderland all time average attendance 25,893. Middlesbrough all time average attendance 19,802. Seasons in top flight Sunderland 86, Middlesbrough 61. In every single parameter SAFC is by far the bigger and more succesful club. And they KNOW it. That is why playing Sunderland is a big deal for them and just another game for us. End of.

Maybe the ref made a mistake. However, if the Boro lad had kept his hands off Ross the penalty and red card would not have been given.

The best wrong decision I ever saw was in the 1978 League Cup Final replay between Liverpool and Forest. Phil Thompson deliberately and cynically brought down a Forest forward clean through on goal. He took him out in the D of the penalty area. However, the ref awarded a penalty, Forest scored from it and won 1-0. The reason it is so memorable is because Thompson was absolutely beside himself with rage at the decision both during and after the match. Justice done! :lol::lol::lol:

Gerald Sinstadt: “Our replays show it was outside.”

Peter Taylor: “It also shows we’ve got the cup as well.”

I’m puzzled about the fuss. It certainly wasn’t a penalty. It was a weak foul and a weak red card. The incident with 5 minutes to go at the other end should have been a penalty.

I won’t be writing in though.

Yours,
Disgusted of Hetton-le-Hole
If you believe it was a foul then SKY commentary crew and pundits on the day say it WAS a penalty....they slowed it down and Stewarts toe was just touching the line at the last point of contact.......rule is on the line then its in the box.........Steven Caldwell was one of the pundits as well

See you're using your fellow smoggies saying, "Your Cup Final". When will you realise your team are non-entities in football terms. When people mention Middlesbrough, it's only to talk about closed steelworks and boarded up houses.

Not the only things, are they?

Back