Lollipop Men/Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I can't understand is Lollypeople standing at Zebra Crossings to help people cross.
It's a zebra crossing! They shouldn't need any help!

Not really. They don't have a say on their overall budgets, just on how to slice the pie. Not saying it couldnt be sliced differently mind.
I agree just using the councillors expenses as a comparison of what you get for the same(ish) amount of money.

The problem you have is the people who might have helped with partnership working also have reduced budgets as well. i.e individual schools, police, NHS, fire etc

I agree just using the councillors expenses as a comparison of what you get for the same(ish) amount of money.

The problem you have is the people who might have helped with partnership working also have reduced budgets as well. i.e individual schools, police, NHS, fire etc

Spot on.

Not really. They don't have a say on their overall budgets, just on how to slice the pie. Not saying it couldnt be sliced differently mind.

The slicing of the pie is about the allocation of a budget though and is a very powerful position.

It's a joke that in these times of austerity cllrs cant even see that they should really have funding cut

The slicing of the pie is about the allocation of a budget though and is a very powerful position.

It's a joke that in these times of austerity cllrs cant even see that they should really have funding cut

Indeed. I'd go a step back in the chain though and say the Tory f***ing wankers are slashing for ideological reasons.

There isn't one at my bairns school, so this news won't affect us. I do feel sorry for those who's schools are on main roads, and I'd hope they retain them to ensure the safety of the kids.

Just one argument mind...

What about our good old Labour cllrs still taking a wage when three fuckers do the job one could do?

Well I doubt they are going to resign. Would you? Slippery slope that though, you can always find someone who could do more and you will definitely always find people who think other people can do more. Been in plenty of places where theyve done that, half the work force gone and youre left to pick up the pieces. Its bad for moral and people often end up on the sick.

Well I doubt they are going to resign. Would you? Slippery slope that though, you can always find someone who could do more and you will definitely always find people who think other people can do more. Been in plenty of places where theyve done that, half the work force gone and youre left to pick up the pieces. Its bad for moral and people often end up on the sick.

No course not,they just cut front line services and expect anyone still in a job to do more work for the same money.Just the self-serving nature that grates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back