1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lollipop Men/Women

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Mr.Thunders, Mar 20, 2017.

1. yorkyexile

yorkyexile Striker

It`s 20th century community marra. Means nowt apart from if you want service X find us some mug to do it for nowt

Dilligaf60 and Mr.Thunders like this.
  2. A 3 year old girl in the west mids was recently killed on one.

3. Oli Wagkz

Oli Wagkz Striker

4. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

Having just read the story, I'm not sure a level crossing would have stopped the driver in question.

Stevie Freestein II likes this.
  5. Seagulls can't even cross without getting karate chopped.

andymulesafc likes this.
  6. andymulesafc

andymulesafc Winger

A lollipop woman in Shields was almost killed a few years ago when a car failed to stop. Nowt is 100% safe. Down to the drivers to be more responsible.

:lol::lol::lol:

Stevie Freestein II likes this.
  7. Cookie

Cookie Midfield

Not the kids and parents crossing the road that's the problem, it's the ***** driving the cars at 40mph past schools that's the issue.

andymulesafc likes this.
  8. Beaker

Beaker Winger

The wife near my house is a fucking nuisance. She stops traffic when the kids are still 20 feet away from the kerb. She never holds out her lollipop to indicate her intention to step into the road, she just waltzes out, sometimes whilst not looking at all. That and she does it for everyone, not just the kids. Every day she's responsible for jamming up a whole main road.

Get rid and let the little fuckers take their chances.

9. CheersMarra84

CheersMarra84 Winger

We had a lass doing it on a pelican crossing near me. Seemed like a waste to put her there since there was a primary school down the road without one.

10. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Bastards? It's all being forced by the government.

11. Patch

Patch Winger

I'm sure the one around our way does it for nowt anyway. He does it through a sense of civic duty (and all the boxes of chocolates he gets at Christmas).

12. Aye still very sad though, I was trying to make the point that pelican crossings aren't always safe. Drivers in Nottingham tend to not bother much with them or park on them when traffic is stationary.

13. muggboots

muggboots Striker

The unpaid volunteer replacement part of previously paid jobs you berk.

14. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Aye, I know. Berk. It's called budgets being slashed left, right and centre #BigCommunity

15. Mr.Thunders

Mr.Thunders Striker

They have those model children from all ethnic backgrounds at crossings aswell

16. muggboots

muggboots Striker

Let's replace yours then. I'm sure loads of people would love to do yours for nowt.

17. In some parts of Nottingham. On outer edges there are big council estates of mostly honkies.

nyron4england and Mr.Thunders like this.
  18. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Eh? If councils budgets are cut, what do you expect them to do? They are trying to keep as many services going, but with less cash. What should they do? Just sack it off all together? I'd rather have a volunteer doing it than there not being one. #ToryBastards

19. muggboots

muggboots Striker

Please yourself, it's the thin end of a very large wedge and plays right into the Tory wankers hands.

Replace one and it becomes an easy choice to do it again and again. Where does it end? Don't bother answering, I can't be arsed. :lol:

20. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Aren't councils hands completely tied when it comes to budgets? Here's how much you're getting, like it or lump it? Suppose they could just bladder some fat cats at the top. My point was more it's a vital service, and anyway we can keep it going is a good thing.