Lockerbie

I didn't know a fella was late to board so didn't get on, nor did they remove his suitcase

The first suspect was an American citizen named Jaswant Basuta. He'd been in Belfast for a family wedding and was flying home to New York having checked in two baggage items.

After one too many drinks in the airport bar though he missed PA103 - and found himself under interrogation when the plane went down with his bags on board.

That went against regulations, a fatal accident inquiry later found, and had staff removed the bags the Semtex bomb may have exploded on the tarmac or at a lower altitude, reducing the death toll.

Pan Am ground crew had been anxious not to delay the departure of the flight and admitted that - in a breach of security regulations - his suitcase had been left on board.

A few others didn't make the flight

Was John Lydon supposed to be on that flight but didn't catch for whatever reason, or is that an urban myth?

I was working in Annan in 1990..there was a few lads there from Lockerbie..this one lad a welder..told me about happened there on the night..proper jaw dropping hearing about it from someone who was in Lockerbie that night.

Kim Catrall (Mahoneys girlfriend in Police Academy) should have been on the flight but missed it
Was John Lydon supposed to be on that flight but didn't catch for whatever reason, or is that an urban myth?
See the Jaswant Basuta – View from the Mirror link in my post above as has a lot of info and the 4 Tops were also going to be on it

Last edited:
I read that him and his wife ended up arguing about how long it was taking for her to get ready and by the time she was ready it was too late to go.

Back