Lockdown = Absolutely ZERO Flu

I bet the amount of people having heart attacks playing five a side has also reduced, I bet the amount of STD's has also reduced, I bet the amount of drunken accidents in city centres has fallen, etc etc if people are artificially kept indoors then you would expect a fall in stuff but there is always a trade off. Flu will be back as normal next autumn to reclaim it's normal position as the primary respiratory virus in the UK.

I could try to educate you about the PCR test and why this is impossible but I suspect I would be wasting my time.

I have no idea why people are so fixated on dismissing Covid and making up some conspiracy. Do you really think every single countries lab technicians, virologists, ITU doctors, A&E doctors have got together and are just making shit up?

Its not without faults and does have false positives and negatives... im sure you know this already.... but here goes

About mass testing of a very dynamic entity like CoVID-19 Pandemic, many variables and attributes need to be factored in.
First and foremost are the sensitivity and specificity and predictive value of any test for any entity in any context and circumstances. These can be tested more reliably, objectively in controlled trial. This stage is usually in the hands of scientists and expected to be completed with degree of honesty, reproducibility and accuracy before any test is proposed to be applied in a practical situation.
More difficult stages are when the test is to be applied to a very fluid situation to a very heterogeneous population with multiple variables and attributes with equal number of confounding factors.
One example may suffice to elucidate the point.

Certain person A is tested at the given time, A tests negative. A comes in casual contact with a stranger, B who is not tested at that time, but is both infected an infective but is asymptomatic. A acquires Infection but is Asymptomatic or Pre-symptomatic. A and B innocently keep mingling with multitude of faceless crowds over the time before B is tested and found to be infected. Now there are no ways to know and test contacts of A and B. So all the exercise of the mass testing done with best of the tests, in most earnest, zealous and zestful campaign turns not only futile but subtly misleading, giving a dangerously false sense security and complacence. And this at the cost of huge amounts of time, energy, money, manpower and other resources which all are scarce in a situation such as this Pandemic.

So has influenza just died a death or just not been the main concern for the NHS?

Its not without faults and does have false positives and negatives... im sure you know this already.... but here goes

About mass testing of a very dynamic entity like CoVID-19 Pandemic, many variables and attributes need to be factored in.
First and foremost are the sensitivity and specificity and predictive value of any test for any entity in any context and circumstances. These can be tested more reliably, objectively in controlled trial. This stage is usually in the hands of scientists and expected to be completed with degree of honesty, reproducibility and accuracy before any test is proposed to be applied in a practical situation.
More difficult stages are when the test is to be applied to a very fluid situation to a very heterogeneous population with multiple variables and attributes with equal number of confounding factors.
One example may suffice to elucidate the point.

Certain person A is tested at the given time, A tests negative. A comes in casual contact with a stranger, B who is not tested at that time, but is both infected an infective but is asymptomatic. A acquires Infection but is Asymptomatic or Pre-symptomatic. A and B innocently keep mingling with multitude of faceless crowds over the time before B is tested and found to be infected. Now there are no ways to know and test contacts of A and B. So all the exercise of the mass testing done with best of the tests, in most earnest, zealous and zestful campaign turns not only futile but subtly misleading, giving a dangerously false sense security and complacence. And this at the cost of huge amounts of time, energy, money, manpower and other resources which all are scarce in a situation such as this Pandemic.

So has influenza just died a death or just not been the main concern for the NHS?

You have copied that word for word from here

Stop copy pasting other people’s work and trying to pass it off as your own.

It should be completely unacceptable to go to work with a cold or any other illness, always should have been but people like to play the martyr.
Not so easy when your company uses the Bradford factor if you're unlucky and manage to catch 3 colds in 18 month you could be out of a job.

Quite easy for some offices to deploy the tactic but high volume manufacturing its virtually impossible, having 3 r 4 people off ill had a knock on effect stopping others getting lieu days and lines wouldn't be able to run to full volumes, shipments would be missed, company's fined etc.

In my opinion a colds a cold, it may spread but hardly harms anyone and no reason whatsoever to stay off with one.

Back