Local metal millers.

• Thread starter Deleted member 37772
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 37772

Thread of the year etc.

I'm wanting a sight line milling on to the top edge of my putter. I can send it to Scotty Cameron in the USA but the figures quoted are quite frankly a f***ing rip off. Are there any good local little metal workshops that would do a small job like this? I would imagine it would take 30 mins tops. If that.

Thread of the year etc.

I'm wanting a sight line milling on to the top edge of my putter. I can send it to Scotty Cameron in the USA but the figures quoted are quite frankly a f***ing rip off. Are there any good local little metal workshops that would do a small job like this? I would imagine it would take 30 mins tops. If that.
M Parkin Southwick under the Alex bridge

The problem you will have is the bloody big shaft that will get in the way of the machine head.

Probably have to remove it, best dremel the thing in or get an acid etch pen and mark one on permanently.

I don't even know what a metal miller does or why this lad wants his putter milling

Sports Direct sell putters isn't that enough
Don't know mate ,in my experience of golf players they generally lack a few chromosomes

Sports Direct sell putters isn't that enough[/QUOTE]
Sports Direct sell Dunlop putters the lad has a top of the range putter and wants a proper job done on his

Sports Direct sell putters isn't that enough
Sports Direct sell Dunlop putters the lad has a top of the range putter and wants a proper job done on his[/QUOTE]

Isn't Dunlop fairly top of the range?

Can't see why a putter would need to cost more than about a tenner. Just a bit of metal to hit a ball isn't it?

Sports Direct sell Dunlop putters the lad has a top of the range putter and wants a proper job done on his

Isn't Dunlop fairly top of the range?

Can't see why a putter would need to cost more than about a tenner. Just a bit of metal to hit a ball isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Is it fuck. They retail at £300 now. I bought mine a few years back for about £160.

Wouldn't pay more than a tenner myself. I don't play golf like so god knows why I'd want one.

I know plenty of lads who spend thousands every year buying clubs and selling them on for a loss. Anyway I'm looking for somewhere in Durham.

Thread of the year etc.

You have a lady garden?:eek:

Isn't Dunlop a decent make for golf cues? They make canny tyres so I'd expect their other stuff to be ok. I've got a couple of their polo shirts hanging in the wardrobe, great quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back