Local metal millers.

• Thread starter Deleted member 37772
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just lend it to your grandad, then you get your beloved putter back with a sightline crudely filed in that is not remotely near the sweet spot without being consulted in the matter

Still bitter about it even though its an Anser that is older than I am

Isn't Dunlop fairly top of the range?

Can't see why a putter would need to cost more than about a tenner. Just a bit of metal to hit a ball isn't it?

Is it fuck. They retail at £300 now. I bought mine a few years back for about £160.[/QUOTE]

Quite frankly that price is ridiculous and unjustifiable. It just proves that some golfers are more about style than substance. I bet the people who spend that on a putter are crap golfers who blame their tools.

Is it fuck. They retail at £300 now. I bought mine a few years back for about £160.

Quite frankly that price is ridiculous and unjustifiable. It just proves that some golfers are more about style than substance. I bet the people who spend that on a putter are crap golfers who blame their tools.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I would expect to keep my putter for years without changing. Most important club in the bag. When you find one that you like then you tend to hang on to them. Saying that I play with a lad who has spent over £1000 on new drivers this year. He's probably had a net spend of £500.

Quite frankly that price is ridiculous and unjustifiable. It just proves that some golfers are more about style than substance. I bet the people who spend that on a putter are crap golfers who blame their tools.

Not really. I would expect to keep my putter for years without changing. Most important club in the bag. When you find one that you like then you tend to hang on to them. Saying that I play with a lad who has spent over £1000 on new drivers this year. He's probably had a net spend of £500.[/QUOTE]

Has it improved his play, or just made him feel better about himself? I ask not out of snideyness but because I can relate to it. I am a lousy guitar player who had a perfectly good electric guitar, but lashed out nearly £700 to buy a Fender Stratocaster "to improve my playing" whereas my real motive was that I have always wanted a Strat. The guitar has improved my playing a bit, but has mainly highlighted to me how crap I am at guitar. The Strat leaves you nowhere to hide. ;)

Not really. I would expect to keep my putter for years without changing. Most important club in the bag. When you find one that you like then you tend to hang on to them. Saying that I play with a lad who has spent over £1000 on new drivers this year. He's probably had a net spend of £500.

Has it improved his play, or just made him feel better about himself? I ask not out of snideyness but because I can relate to it. I am a lousy guitar player who had a perfectly good electric guitar, but lashed out nearly £700 to buy a Fender Stratocaster "to improve my playing" whereas my real motive was that I have always wanted a Strat. The guitar has improved my playing a bit, but has mainly highlighted to me how crap I am at guitar. The Strat leaves you nowhere to hide. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it hasn't really improved him much, some drivers do fit better though. I've just bought a low spin one second hand and I'm hitting it much better and straighter than my old one. With the putter it's all about putting it in your hands getting over the ball and feeling comfortable.

Imagine when you're passionate or good enough at something to start paying this sort of money for things,its class.Hate golf mind

It is. I spend a lot of money on golf but it provides me with hours of entertainment. Driving range a few times a week. Play at least once a week. Go and practice chipping. Putting on the carpet on a night. I've even considered putting an artificial putting green in the back garden to be able to practice more and so I don't have to cut the fucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back