Local league cricket

Almost done it 9 runs short absolutely gutting
Unfortunately the rain break killed our game at Silksworth. We started out slow and steady but then had 20 overs to get as many runs as we could on a 'spicy' wicket. Draw was always going to be the end result after that.

Hard luck in your game - great effort to come as close as you did.

Last game of the season in the D&DL today. Spenny 1sts away to Haughton 2nds (probably their 1sts) in a winner takes all B (2nd) Division title decider. The league have put umpires on for this game (we umpire ourselves normally in the bottom 2 divisions). Spenny 2nds at home to King James, I am about to captain the worst team I have ever named. This could warrant a thread.

Last game of the season in the D&DL today. Spenny 1sts away to Haughton 2nds (probably their 1sts) in a winner takes all B (2nd) Division title decider. The league have put umpires on for this game (we umpire ourselves normally in the bottom 2 divisions). Spenny 2nds at home to King James, I am about to captain the worst team I have ever named. This could warrant a thread.
How did both teams do?

1sts lost a close game and have finished runners-up. You left at the right time for our game. King James 220-odd for 7 (Young Trundler with a 3-fer). And oh dear, we got 25 of which I got 14. Only to be expected with what we had.
You turned a full team out. No mean feat at the end of the season. First time I’ve ever been to Spennymoor CC.

You turned a full team out. No mean feat at the end of the season. First time I’ve ever been to Spennymoor CC.
Yes, we'll soldier on. The usual hopes and aspirations about attracting a couple more to play for the 1sts which filters down to the 2nds. A Division cricket for our 1sts with umpires and a brand new clubhouse might do it.

Airedale & Wharfedale Senior Cricket League finished yesterday. I was umpiring in Ilkley - it was cold. Otley are 1st division champions.

Back