lizzies (elizabeths)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sausages and burgers were invented to allow the poor to have meat.Full of extras to bulk it up.

If you want good quality just buy a chop or a steak.

Great that service, beers within about a minute, delivered.

Dinnar about that. Had my 1st experience of the app thing at the weekend. Took over 15 mins for drinks. The food we ordered at the bar afterwards came before the drinks.

Back when they expanded up here in the late 90s, they mainly sold "Wetherburgers" which they knocked out for about £2.50 with a pint. They were godawful, much like the sort of thing you'd get at a burger van, but they were stupidly cheap. They seem to have found a balance now.

I really liked those lamb wetherburgers. They were same price 'burger & drink' as those around today given slight inflation. They had more taste than the standard burgers they do now.

I really liked those lamb wetherburgers. They were same price 'burger & drink' as those around today given slight inflation. They had more taste than the standard burgers they do now.

They were cheaper then iirc. Circa £2.50 including a pint of beer.

I didn't mind the lamb burgers actually but they were clearly cheapo frozen burgers.

They were cheaper then iirc. Circa £2.50 including a pint of beer.

I didn't mind the lamb burgers actually but they were clearly cheapo frozen burgers.

It's going back a few years but I don't think they were that cheap - I think maybe £4.50 approx with drink. The pints alone cost about that now and the price of beer hasn't changed that much in there since.

It's going back a few years but I don't think they were that cheap - I think maybe £4.50 approx with drink. The pints alone cost about that now and the price of beer hasn't changed that much in there since.

Circa 99 they were about £2.50 with a pint.

Pints were about £1.50 at the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back