Liverpool: Premier League leaders reverse furlough decision & apologise to fans

Absolutely disgusting mind when you’ve got players sitting on £100k+ per week and they’re letting the government pay staff in the £20-£30k per YEAR mark. Unbelievably out of touch.

This whole crisis is really highlighting like nothing has before how out of touch football is from reality. Players defending picking up their full wages when half the country is unemployed or struggling on credit. Mad.
The amazing thing is the players run the risk of putting clubs out of business, so they will have nowhere to earn their massive, overinflated wedges!

It's also a reminder for US as fans to stop perpetuating it with the constant clamouring for a new striker / sack the manager / spend spend spend...
We aren't blameless in all of this. So many of us have been suckered in by the dream that the big spending spree will turn it all around.

The Liverpool fans deserve great credit for this.

So often fans defend their club regardless and throw whataboutery around as a defence.

Liverpool fan groups have openly criticised their club which has forced this U-turn.
Unfortunately, it's the third time fans have had to voice their concerns like this. Ticket prices, trademark of the word Liverpool and now this. Proud of our fans for holding our owners to account and standing up for what we believe in.

It is all too easy for any of us as fans to think the best of our clubs, but in truth, most of them don't give a flying fuck about any of us. They simply want our money. They almost all brand themselves are 'different, more than a club, together, one team' - it's all brand rhetoric. Most clubs do a lot of good stuff for the community, or charity etc, but pretty calculated too. I know I sound a bit cynical, but I think it's accurate!

The Liverpool fans deserve great credit for this.

So often fans defend their club regardless and throw whataboutery around as a defence.

Liverpool fan groups have openly criticised their club which has forced this U-turn.
They do but it should never have happened

Absolutely disgusting mind when you’ve got players sitting on £100k+ per week and they’re letting the government pay staff in the £20-£30k per YEAR mark. Unbelievably out of touch.

This whole crisis is really highlighting like nothing has before how out of touch football is from reality. Players defending picking up their full wages when half the country is unemployed or struggling on credit. Mad.

Quite offensive really, Premier League high earning players on £ f. knows what per week and their clubs looking after themselves as others struggle from day to day. Regardless of what others think it shows them up for what they (and their advising agents) are.

I agree it’s doing my head in seeing the likes of Rooney and Andros Townsend complaining to the media about footballers being easy targets. f***ing out of touch arseholes haven’t got a clue.

Not all owners are bad people and not all footballers are out of touch.

Our owners announced back in March that they were paying all employees, at Bet365 and Stoke - including part time matchday staff - full pay and guaranteeing jobs until the end of August at least.

People are very anxious about their income – at Stoke City we want to reassure them they will be okay

Our centre half Danny Batth has made a donation of 300 food parcels to his local hospital in the West Midlands.

Our local born defender Tom Edwards has made a similar gesture to the Royal Stoke hospital.

...and Denise Coates has donated 10M to the Royal Stoke hospital through her charity foundation, which has poured hundreds of millions into local charities over the years, including funding an entire new wing at a local children's hospice.

It's also a reminder for US as fans to stop perpetuating it with the constant clamouring for a new striker / sack the manager / spend spend spend...
We aren't blameless in all of this. So many of us have been suckered in by the dream that the big spending spree will turn it all around.
Totally agree I’d rather watch 10 local lads and maybe onien

Back