Liverpool: Premier League leaders reverse furlough decision & apologise to fans

I'm no accountant. I'm nothing to do with stuff like the DWP. Furloughs are iirc government money to support people in employment. Yes? So basically a club who pay each player thousands were asking the government to support them when each player could live happily on their wages for weeks with no football. I am right?

I am staggered at the greed if this is the case.

I am just glad they have changed their minds.

I'm no accountant. I'm nothing to do with stuff like the DWP. Furloughs are iirc government money to support people in employment. Yes? So basically a club who pay each player thousands were asking the government to support them when each player could live happily on their wages for weeks with no football. I am right?

I am staggered at the greed if this is the case.

I am just glad they have changed their minds.
No. Day to day staff, not footballers. Furlough is a maximum of £2,500 a month iirc. So it’s the cooks, media, hospitality people etc. Not Salah

Mike and Levy don't give a fuck, to them there is no such thing as bad publicity.

And now they are probably gonna try and put pressure on the PFA to strike a deal to have a pay cut for the players as well. And I fear the tide might be turning towards a smaller pay cut as owners may be getting the most stick instead of, as earlier, the players. Which could mean the bump of some clubs. And also less money saved for the clubs, if a 30% pay cut cannot be reached, but only 20%.

A million people have recently signed up for universal credit.
There will be more. It's a global crisis. Loads of people won't have a place of work to return to. It's not something to mock people for.
I was mocking Liverpool FC, and the behaviour of their board in the first place. It was obvious from the start they were on the wrong and creating a PR disaster

Last edited:
Absolutely disgusting mind when you’ve got players sitting on £100k+ per week and they’re letting the government pay staff in the £20-£30k per YEAR mark. Unbelievably out of touch.

This whole crisis is really highlighting like nothing has before how out of touch football is from reality. Players defending picking up their full wages when half the country is unemployed or struggling on credit. Mad.

Back