Liverpool fans protest over 2% season ticket rise

I have a couple of mates who are Liverpool born and bread . they travelled all over Europe in the 70s and 80s and were regular match day regulars . however they can’t afford the match now . Yet I know a lad from up here who has just started taking his lad to Anfield and for sum reason has become a follower of fashion thinking he’s a supporter he was telling me that he had Wembley tickets the other week, as though I was going to be impressed . He’s was never into football when we were lads but he’s always been a wanker

Mags released theirs yet? Be interesting to see what theirs is as it’s pretty obvious they’re wanting to go down the day tripper route rather than have loyal fans.

I laugh whenever you see stories about SJP extending as loads of plastic mags get excited about 10,000 new season cards 😂

The reality is, if they extend SJP by 10,000, only around 3,000 new season cards will be created. The remaining 7,000 will go to hospitality and membership tickets as that is where the money is

Mags released theirs yet? Be interesting to see what theirs is as it’s pretty obvious they’re wanting to go down the day tripper route rather than have loyal fans.
Mag who lives over the road from me, very canny fella as it happens and staunch black and white has followed them since the 80s and had a season ticket for years, sounded sick as a chip about things off the pitch up there when we spoke passing in the street recently. He doesn’t like the direction it’s going over there at all and reckons ‘legacy’ fans like him aren’t what these owners want, who drink in the town beforehand and head to the stadium for kickoff, maybe a pint at HT then go home. He reckons he’ll be priced out when their prices do go up as he just won’t be able to justify it.

I thought that mag head steward banned them for some reason..might be completely wrong like
I think the spirit of 37 lads get no support from the club but they haven't gone as far as banning the flags. This doesn't make for good reading though, on the part of the club:

Aren't ours £34 on the door or something?

Protesting against a decrease in ticket prices. Always the victims

You're comparing the per match cost of the cheapest season card aat Liverpool with our one-off price. Apples and bananas. The true comparative is £16.95 - the per match cost of our cheapest season card.

That’s f***ing ridiculous mind, whether you like the scousers or not.

Its £37.50 per game 😳😳

The working man’s game, aye right.
It's not been that for some time now, for any number of reasons, all of them financial or geopolitical, certainly not at that level anyway.

My best mate and his two brothers were all QPR season ticket holders, now he takes his son to local games at Woking more often than Rangers as he says the matchday experience is a far better atmosphere, and less obviously designed to separate you from your hard-earned.

Back