Liverpool fans protest over 2% season ticket rise

I’m interested to hear your contrary logic
I guess it is a real terms cut, if you look at certain inflation measures.

Saying that, inflation can be supply side driven (as would be the case here) also. Increasing here contributes to inflationary pressure

In addition, wages haven’t risen with prices. There are many millions of people who are a lot worse off than they were

I guess it is a real terms cut, if you look at certain inflation measures.

Saying that, inflation can be supply side driven (as would be the case here) also. Increasing here contributes to inflationary pressure

In addition, wages haven’t risen with prices. There are many millions of people who are a lot worse off than they were
But the Bank of England do set a target of 2% inflation per year, so at worst Liverpool are doing as expected, and at best they are giving their fans a break are they not?

They retained the services of Salah for £18+million a year. Inevitable that price rises would be an issue with those sorts of wages being paid.

Depends if wages are rising at that level
But that’s not Liverpool’s concern though that’s the employers concern.

All of liverpools suppliers will likeley have raised their costs in line with inflation. As would most people’s employers likeley have done.

As I said I had a below inflation pay rise where my employer didn’t alter my commission structure, only my basic wage in line with inflation, and then they tried to piss in my pocket and tell me it’s raining by saying they were raising my wages in line with inflation when over half of my income comes from commission. But when I see the price of my grocery shop going up, and that grocery shop feels more expensive now relative to my wages, I’m not annoyed at the supermarket, but rather my employer who short changed me.

All of liverpools suppliers will likeley have raised their costs in line with inflation. As would most people’s employers likeley have done.

As I said I had a below inflation pay rise where my employer didn’t alter my commission structure, only my basic wage in line with inflation, and then they tried to piss in my pocket and tell me it’s raining by saying they were raising my wages in line with inflation when over half of my income comes from commission. But when I see the price of my grocery shop going up, and that grocery shop feels more expensive now relative to my wages, I’m not annoyed at the supermarket, but rather my employer who short changed me.
Sure. To a point. But inflation can be supply and demand driven

Anyway, interesting discussion

Sure. To a point. But inflation can be supply and demand driven

Anyway, interesting discussion
It can, and I imagine the demand for Liverpool tickets is much higher than supply, which would dictate that their prices should rise above inflation.

Again the fact that they haven’t followed the market trend of raising their prices by 3.4% but rather stuck to the Bank of England target of 2% is something I’m struggling to see as anything but a favour to fans.

It can, and I imagine the demand for Liverpool tickets is much higher than supply, which would dictate that their prices should rise above inflation.

Again the fact that they haven’t followed the market trend of raising their prices by 3.4% but rather stuck to the Bank of England target of 2% is something I’m struggling to see as anything but a favour to fans.
That’s true if you believe that fans are pure customers.

That’s true if you believe that fans are pure customers.
I don’t, but I believe that money gradually devalues over time. Ie when I was at university you could by a pint for £1, now you’re lucky to find one for less than £5.

I wouldn’t expect that all pubs freeze their prices indefinitely whilst my wages rise (loveley though that would be)

I'd imagine a lot of the match day casual staff will be on NMW so will receive a high percentage pay rise, even though in real terms an extra £ an hour isn't high.

Fair play to them for taking a stand but an adult and 2 kids on the kop with a season ticket could equate to £55 a match. Now given the standard of football that doesn’t seem too bad.

That's a bargain let's be honest they could fleece fans as the amount of day tripping fans that go there most beautiful huge. A mate took his son there and paid a huge sum for their upmarket version of the bcb so the secondary market is massive with massive mark ups.

However Liverpool isn't exactly a well off area anyone who's been around anfield and goodison knows this makes southwick look posh so it's good they are stand up for those local fans although is a 2% rise that much? Depends when they last went up and by how much I guess but a 2% rise I'm betting is on the lower end as everyone seems to be knocking the prices up even clubs with high prices

Back