Live Footy on TV 13 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adopting your West Coast argot, these fuckers prollyz arlriddy nar, but I'm not quite two years old yit, so I hereby invite you to tell the tale of how & why you're a Sunderland supporter, paldude. Feel free to tell me to hike on or take a jog or surf off you chuffing transplant.
I haven't been on here long either actually. My tale can be found on various threads on here as it often gets asked. I mean, an American Filipino-Black skate punk who supports Sunderland? I am going to get asked. Although the story itself is not as riveting a tale as the premise might suggest:

Been a football (soccer) fan for a long time, in particular American "soccer" and the players. So of course a Jozy fan. When he came to Sunderland, I thought that he would make an impact not only in the team but in the Premier League. I thought he would be the one to open the door to more American players (not that there haven't been any, but thought this might create a bigger buzz) to be a part of the Premier League. Well, we all know how that went. Of course, I was shattered by his performance at the SAFC. I think he could have done better but had some early performances that really zapped his confidence and he never recovered. ANYWHO, I fell in love with the team and so here I am. Still a fan through it all. I found this place after Jozy had left, just doing research on the team. The Ready To Go site was listed as the "official" fansite for the team and in reading it, I found the message board.
The south
Wow. I was not even close. I am learning y'all lingo on here but I still have a long way to go. Some of you fuckers really lay it on thick that it's almost like reading another language :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been on here long either actually. My tale can be found on various threads on here as it often gets asked. I mean, an American Filipino-Black skate punk who supports Sunderland? I am going to get asked. Although the story itself is not as riveting a tale as the premise might suggest:

Been a football (soccer) fan for a long time, in particular American "soccer" and the players. So of course a Jozy fan. When he came to Sunderland, I thought that he would make an impact not only in the team but in the Premier League. I thought he would be the one to open the door to more American players (not that there haven't been any, but thought this might create a bigger buzz) to be a part of the Premier League. Well, we all know how that went. Of course, I was shattered by his performance at the SAFC. I think he could have done better but had some early performances that really zapped his confidence and he never recovered. ANYWHO, I fell in love with the team and so here I am. Still a fan through it all. I found this place after Jozy had left, just doing research on the team. The Ready To Go site was listed as the "official" fansite for the team and in reading it, I found the message board.
My deepest commiserations....

#metoo

Love it when the bairns tell me off for being childish.

At daughters wedding some blerk said “ are you the mad uncle we all have?”

I informed him of who I am

He said “ K.... said her fatha was a nutter, she wasn’t kidding “

That’s my girl ... mind she’s been to a couple of games with me, at her first one all the lads were chatting her up a bit & she said “ why haven’t they got necks” :) ;)

My deepest commiserations....
It's a great story. Love it, The Monk, la. Or in your case, LA.

That’s my girl ... mind she’s been to a couple of games with me, at her first one all the lads were chatting her up a bit & she said “ why haven’t they got necks” :) ;)
Nee necks, but some neck....

Wow. I was not even close. I am learning y'all lingo on here but I still have a long way to go. Some of you fuckers really lay it on thick that it's almost like reading another language :lol:

Yer wet

I’m from Yorkshire, diffrent agen

The first time the eldest brought a girl home was the day we beat the mags 3-0 when Paolo was in charge. She was sitting on the sofa looking rather disturbed while me and my son were jumping around like idiots and doing knee slides up and down room :lol:

I love acting the fool with my grandkids. I teach them to say things they shouldn’t and we laugh together when we whisper them to each other and no one else knows what we are up to.
Their favourite at the moment is me being the Honey Monster and at 6’3” it’s pretty easy for me. “ I’m getting angry!!!” has them diving under the tables and behind the curtains etc. Laughing their socks off.
I’m a miserable sod as anyone on here who knows me will attest but put me with my grandkids and I am a big daft kid and I hope that’s the way it will always be.

Yer wet

I’m from Yorkshire, diffrent agen
That's like you fuckers trying to differentiate between the various slangs and drawls here in America. On print it all "sounds" the same.

At least it's written so I can pull out my decoder ring and figure out what's being said. I can only imagine the spoken word would be impossible for me to decipher. I have the same problem with Italian or French. If I see it written, I can translate it. But spoken? Not a clue.

There are many arcane subtleties at play. When I was a little boy, my parents used to tell me they could easily tell someone from Horden from someone from Murton and someone from their native Easington. These were 3 pit villages within a few miles of one another. Trump, upon hearing this, thinks: wow, my sort of place, they'll love me. It's an interesting thought, not just because I made it up, but because if it were possible to recreate that time & place and transplant him into it, in all his self-aggrandised vainglory, he wouldn't have got half way down Seaside Lane before he was torn limb from limb.

That's like you fuckers trying to differentiate between the various slangs and drawls here in America. On print it all "sounds" the same.

At least it's written so I can pull out my decoder ring and figure out what's being said. I can only imagine the spoken word would be impossible for me to decipher. I have the same problem with Italian or French. If I see it written, I can translate it. But spoken? Not a clue.

Ya doing fine fella

As a Yorkshire born & bred bassa from yacker stock it takes time

:)

I love acting the fool with my grandkids. I teach them to say things they shouldn’t and we laugh together when we whisper them to each other and no one else knows what we are up to.
Their favourite at the moment is me being the Honey Monster and at 6’3” it’s pretty easy for me. “ I’m getting angry!!!” has them diving under the tables and behind the curtains etc. Laughing their socks off.
I’m a miserable sod as anyone on here who knows me will attest but put me with my grandkids and I am a big daft kid and I hope that’s the way it will always be.
Class.

Haad yer wheesht man.

I doff my tifter in your direction fella. Most of us have this club bestowed onto us like a genetic mishap.

Have you encountered the Mackem Dictionary? It's well worth a read. Here's a one of those things that you take your cursor and click on it & it sends you to another dimension via magus action:

There are many arcane subtleties at play. When I was a little boy, my parents used to tell me they could easily tell someone from Horden from someone from Murton and someone from their native Easington. These were 3 pit villages within a few miles of one another. Trump, upon hearing this, thinks: wow, my sort of place, they'll love me. It's an interesting thought, not just because I made it up, but because if it were possible to recreate that time & place and transplant him into it, in all his self-aggrandised vainglory, he wouldn't have got half way down Seaside Lane before he was torn limb from limb.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I absolutely love that:lol:
Ya doing fine fella

As a Yorkshire born & bred bassa from yacker stock it takes time

:)
I'm learning a lot from a lot of people which is fun. I enjoy obtaining new knowledge of any kind, but in particular the various speech that people use around the world. I guess because growing up I listening to a Filipino-English jargon specific and exclusive to Filipinos here in the States.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back