Live Footy on TV 13 September

I live in Hartlepool. Until 1977 it was and had always been a major town in County Durham. It’s work was shipbuilding,steelworks and it was famous for hanging the monkey.
In 1977 it was merged into Cleveland County and it’s fortunes took a dive. There is no work there at all. No facilities either.
Anyway the point of this post is to tell you that people in Hartlepool talk totally different to people from Blackhall which is about a mile away from the northern point of Hartlepool. We might as well be from Mars and they might as well be from Uranus.😉
I appreciate the info (please, please tell me I don't have to call you T-Bone, that sounds too much like a sex act)

First you fuck up tagging me and now the link. Does the nurse put a time limit on your computer usage?
;) :lol:

Been meaning to ask what's that mean "la"? Been seeing it used a lot lately on here. Thanks in advance.
Generally, it's a diminutive of lad. Dropping the "d". It's a sign of nonbotting affection. When I said: it's the la, la that was more complex. The la being a diminutive for the law. So, it's the law, lad (mate, pal). Lad can sometimes seem a bit of a put down. La, not so.

Generally, it's a diminutive of lad. Dropping the "d". It's a sign of nonbotting affection. When I said: it's the la, la that was more complex. The la being a diminutive for the law. So, it's the law, lad (mate, pal). Lad can sometimes seem a bit of a put down. La, not so.
best part of that post? "nonbotting" :lol: Excellent, sir, just excellent.

And thanks for the explanation, much appreciate it.

I appreciate the info (please, please tell me I don't have to call you T-Bone, that sounds too much like a sex act)
And we are about 20 miles from Sunderland. I don’t understand the sex act comment. T Bone was a fine musician or a great steak. I went with a fine American musician.
Anyway no problem marra.
With respect to our user names we have something in common.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back