Littletown CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop down for a pint during the season and you'll be made very welcome.

is there any chance of you guys reforming??

Unlikely just now. One of the lads entered a team in George Mann Cup up the Dale last year and there were a few young lads turned out. Would need a few more to get involved and to really pull the strings, take responsibility.

Fingers crossed that something does eventually get going again. 30 happy years up there, friends for life and many, many funny stories and memories.

One at Littletown. Our 2nd team batting and we must have been struggling as the lad who went in number 11 was our scorer at the time and sometimes umpired. He was a character. Anyway, whenever he turned out he rarely scored a run but on this glorious sunny day, he opened himself up and slashed a cover drive for 6. Well, he stood back, hands on hips, proud as punch as if to say to us all, i told you i could bat. You know what's coming. Next ball, his stumps were scattered. I was scoring on in the little box in the pavillion and i heard him cry out "I wasn't ready!!!!" Well, you had to pick us all up off the floor, we were in stitches, but i guess you had to be there and know the lad :oops::lol:

Great piece thanks Mark! And yes we met at the Bolton FA Cup in Jan :) These been so much hard graft going on and it's just down to the commitment and testament of a great group of lads who have got together and made it happen. A group I'm very proud to be associated with!

I urge anyone with any interest in cricket and has a love of the game to pop down over the season and see what we have acheived so far. Don't get me wrong it's certainly not lords but having played most of me career in coast and senior league I can definately say that it is up there with a lot of grounds already in terms of lovely places to play and will continue to improve in years to come.

We've been helped massively from long nights working on grant applications and organising fund raisers and I dare say that there wont be many clubs in as healthy a position, it now just rests on us producing on the field this year. We've got off to a great start with the win the 2nds had at the weekend and it's up to the 1sts and 3rds to follow suit.

Looking forward to the friendly at Washington this weekend against there 2nd team and seeing some familiar faces, then there is our first game back at Littletown on May 4th against East Rainton.

A lot of up to date pics are on our twitter page and Paul will be uploading a load from the ground and also our sportsmans night fundraiser to our website too.

I'll introduce myself on Saturday mate i'm captain of the seconds. Should be a canny game anyway, We've been in contact with one of your lads and we're going to play a squad of around 16 players. Batsmen will bat and be subbed for bowlers for when we bowl just to give everyone a little match practice.

I'll introduce myself on Saturday mate i'm captain of the seconds. Should be a canny game anyway, We've been in contact with one of your lads and we're going to play a squad of around 16 players. Batsmen will bat and be subbed for bowlers for when we bowl just to give everyone a little match practice.

Excellent. I know a load of lads at washington having played against them a lot of times during their time in the coast league. It was me who Andy rang last night. I think I may have played against you too. Your name is familiar and you may recognise me from Ryhope, Murton or bill Quay if youve played 1's or when I played under 18s at ryhope we had some good battles with Washingon around 8/9 year ago (altough we still pipped you lads to the league ;) )

Excellent. I know a load of lads at washington having played against them a lot of times during their time in the coast league. It was me who Andy rang last night. I think I may have played against you too. Your name is familiar and you may recognise me from Ryhope, Murton or bill Quay if youve played 1's or when I played under 18s at ryhope we had some good battles with Washingon around 8/9 year ago (altough we still pipped you lads to the league ;) )

haha, Aye you probably recognize me from then, I suppose we had to let you win it one year out of about 7. ;);)

haha, Aye you probably recognize me from then, I suppose we had to let you win it one year out of about 7. ;);)

Haha. You couldn't touch us then man! We won it two years on the belt before we all moved up. That was the same age group as cuppa,mark lee, matty thompson, ebaz et al. :lol: Saying that they may have been a school year younger, would've been your first 2years in coast league. Was only when we grew old did the washy reign at under 18s start! :-D Should be some good old stories and banter flying around sat then!

Nice to see all the Littletown lads at Washington yesterday. Good bunch of lads with a clear five year plan. Good luck for the season hope to see you get promoted this year.

Can you get a Smirnoff ice pump in the bar for dendinho please, and he doesn't like paying for owt so it'll have to be free

Good luck to Littletown this season, canny little side..

Didnt really do ourselves justice with the bat but thought we bowled quite well until yous sent in your big hitters!!

The young lad who got 50 looks very decent - also pass on our thanks to Matthew who fielded for us. We were considering poaching him after at least looking better than most of our batters ;)

Didnt really do ourselves justice with the bat but thought we bowled quite well until yous sent in your big hitters!!

The young lad who got 50 looks very decent - also pass on our thanks to Matthew who fielded for us. We were considering poaching him after at least looking better than most of our batters ;)

It was a good warm up game, Allowed a variety of batsmen and bowlers to show what they can do and obviously the 2 wicketkeepers.

I'm guessing you mean Pottsy? The young lad who batted for about 30 overs? He's superb for his age, He'll play a big part for the side next season.

Wouldn't say results mean much in friendlies it's just about getting some practice in, For us it was more about discipline and the way we approach the game with warm ups etc and then trying to get field placings right with proper angles and things, stuff to work on though!

Good luck, I'm sure you will do well!

It was a good warm up game, Allowed a variety of batsmen and bowlers to show what they can do and obviously the 2 wicketkeepers.

I'm guessing you mean Pottsy? The young lad who batted for about 30 overs? He's superb for his age, He'll play a big part for the side next season.

Wouldn't say results mean much in friendlies it's just about getting some practice in, For us it was more about discipline and the way we approach the game with warm ups etc and then trying to get field placings right with proper angles and things, stuff to work on though!

Good luck, I'm sure you will do well!

I think he was talking about Matthew Brown being poached, as he fielded for them and looked ok with the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back