Littletown CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BAMBAM

Just read the artical in the echo, well done to all that have made it happen and good luck for the season.

cheers mate - havent seen the article as yet myself but there has been LOADS of work done down there over the last six months and still plenty to do.

If you like watching local cricket get across and have a pint!!

cheers mate - havent seen the article as yet myself but there has been LOADS of work done down there over the last six months and still plenty to do.

If you like watching local cricket get across and have a pint!!

is there a link

I'm going to try and get along with the bairn to watch a couple of games as CLS CC will be playing elsewhere for the first couple of months.

Coming from CLS I was going to go up past Hetton Lyons CC, up Easington Lane and turn right along Elemore Lane? Is that right?

Never been to Littletown - ever.

Just writing to say best of luck to all the Lads at Littletown.
As someone who played over 400 games for Littletown from 1985 to 2005 its great to see the old ground back to its former glory.
The late Ian Reynolds got the team into NEDL Div 3 in 1985 and like todays team we travelled from far across the Region to play. 3 of us travelled from Sunderland. Almost twenty lads in their late teens and early twenties joined within 2 years and most stayed for around 15-20 years. The team changed very little and we kept all our records on a website set up by our fast bowler Chris Bede with both seasonal and career records kept up to date.
Unfortunately we all got old together and with no youth team it became more difficult as players finally called it a day around 2006. Chris Davis who played over 350 games kept it going with Paul Chappelow and a few others but sadly it was an expensive cost to keep the ground going and the Club folded.
Chris still goes to the Sunderland matches with me and I see Steve vallance at Durham games. Steve played over 300 games as did his brother Chris who hit 182no at Monkseaton and still plays at East Rainton. Im still playing at Washington although just playing midweek games now.
We had 20 great years there and although we could never topple the mighty East Rainton who dominated during this period we made many friendships in the NEDL.
Good luck to Gregg ( I think we met at the Bolton away game ) and all at Littletown............. Mark Nelson

I'm going to try and get along with the bairn to watch a couple of games as CLS CC will be playing elsewhere for the first couple of months.

Coming from CLS I was going to go up past Hetton Lyons CC, up Easington Lane and turn right along Elemore Lane? Is that right?

Never been to Littletown - ever.

I think the quickest way from ours (and the way I've gone in the past) is A1(M) to the A690 (or cut via Lumley & Leamside), up to West Rainton and then across towards High Pittington.

From yours the Lumley & Leamside route would be quicker than than the A1(M).

I think the quickest way from ours (and the way I've gone in the past) is A1(M) to the A690 (or cut via Lumley & Leamside), up to West Rainton and then across towards High Pittington.

Turn off the A690 at the Sherburn/Pittington turn off.

Turn left at the Blacksmiths Arms in Low Pittington and follow the road round and up through High Pittington.

Down the dip and up the otherside.

Take the track to the left just before the sign LITTLETOWN and then the ground is behind the converted chapel, which overlooks the village green.

First home game is May 4.

There is a good map on the club website

http://littletowncc.hitscricket.com/location/default.aspx

Turn off the A690 at the Sherburn/Pittington turn off.

Turn left at the Blacksmiths Arms in Low Pittington and follow the road round and up through High Pittington.

Down the dip and up the otherside.

Take the track to the left just before the sign LITTLETOWN and then the ground is behind the converted chapel, which overlooks the village green.

First home game is May 4.

There is a good map on the club website

http://littletowncc.hitscricket.com/location/default.aspx

Cheers, I know where the village is but not the pitch, will have a look up a few times this season.

Ok. Might see you and your lad over there this season.

Im looking forward to this. Im less than 200 metres away from the pavillion:cool:

Have you been down and had a look. It looks very different to how it looked six months ago. Loads of work been going on.

Oh and thanks for the piece there wearsider - i've got a copy of the old website which i'm hoping to do a history piece on our new website to link the old to the new.

Just writing to say best of luck to all the Lads at Littletown.
As someone who played over 400 games for Littletown from 1985 to 2005 its great to see the old ground back to its former glory.
The late Ian Reynolds got the team into NEDL Div 3 in 1985 and like todays team we travelled from far across the Region to play. 3 of us travelled from Sunderland. Almost twenty lads in their late teens and early twenties joined within 2 years and most stayed for around 15-20 years. The team changed very little and we kept all our records on a website set up by our fast bowler Chris Bede with both seasonal and career records kept up to date.
Unfortunately we all got old together and with no youth team it became more difficult as players finally called it a day around 2006. Chris Davis who played over 350 games kept it going with Paul Chappelow and a few others but sadly it was an expensive cost to keep the ground going and the Club folded.
Chris still goes to the Sunderland matches with me and I see Steve vallance at Durham games. Steve played over 300 games as did his brother Chris who hit 182no at Monkseaton and still plays at East Rainton. Im still playing at Washington although just playing midweek games now.
We had 20 great years there and although we could never topple the mighty East Rainton who dominated during this period we made many friendships in the NEDL.
Good luck to Gregg ( I think we met at the Bolton away game ) and all at Littletown............. Mark Nelson

Great piece thanks Mark! And yes we met at the Bolton FA Cup in Jan :) These been so much hard graft going on and it's just down to the commitment and testament of a great group of lads who have got together and made it happen. A group I'm very proud to be associated with!

I urge anyone with any interest in cricket and has a love of the game to pop down over the season and see what we have acheived so far. Don't get me wrong it's certainly not lords but having played most of me career in coast and senior league I can definately say that it is up there with a lot of grounds already in terms of lovely places to play and will continue to improve in years to come.

We've been helped massively from long nights working on grant applications and organising fund raisers and I dare say that there wont be many clubs in as healthy a position, it now just rests on us producing on the field this year. We've got off to a great start with the win the 2nds had at the weekend and it's up to the 1sts and 3rds to follow suit.

Looking forward to the friendly at Washington this weekend against there 2nd team and seeing some familiar faces, then there is our first game back at Littletown on May 4th against East Rainton.

A lot of up to date pics are on our twitter page and Paul will be uploading a load from the ground and also our sportsmans night fundraiser to our website too.

Have you been down and had a look. It looks very different to how it looked six months ago. Loads of work been going on.

Oh and thanks for the piece there wearsider - i've got a copy of the old website which i'm hoping to do a history piece on our new website to link the old to the new.

Had walk along with te kids about a month back and looked fantastic. Obviously I can remember seeing it after it folded as lived up here 11 years. Will no doubt see and meet more of you during the season.

Best of luck to all at Littletown. My club, North Bitchburn folded last year and was a crying shame. A club with a long history and a successful history. Let's hope can also revive ourselves in the not too distant future.

Always enjoyed our games at Littletown

Best of luck to all at Littletown. My club, North Bitchburn folded last year and was a crying shame. A club with a long history and a successful history. Let's hope can also revive ourselves in the not too distant future.

Always enjoyed our games at Littletown

Pop down for a pint during the season and you'll be made very welcome.

is there any chance of you guys reforming??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back