Lighter weights more reps

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not talking about the spotty little 18yr old who works Saturdays.

:lol:

You'll know who is the correct PT to be speaking to is, he works at your gym, has at least a level 3 qualification and probably has a sideline in Personal Training on weekends.

You'll know who is the correct PT to be speaking to is, he works at your gym, has at least a level 3 qualification and probably has a sideline in Personal Training on weekends.
so what is the difference to them and say, Titus? Someone who does their own in depth research, trains everyday and also competes competitively?

TiredEyes said:

:lol: someone's been stung for £50 an hour to have some twat tell them to do bench press for chest me thinks

Do you believe that Titus reply to the OP original question is a qualified answer to a diagnosed problem ??

Can't be that far off, considering a qualified personal trainer agreed with me in this thread. I get my information from experience, scientific research, talking to various coaches, my phd lecturers and a variety of other sources.

Also, if you think I'm going to put everything into every post to make it look like a presentable diagnosis, I simply don't have the time or patience to consistently do so.

Can't be that far off, considering a qualified personal trainer agreed with me in this thread. I get my information from experience, scientific research, talking to various coaches, my phd lecturers and a variety of other sources.

Also, if you think I'm going to put everything into every post to make it look like a presentable diagnosis, I simply don't have the time or patience to consistently do so.

Did he, I see someone agreed with something else you said later on in the thread but not your original reply to the OP.

If you haven't the time (this is a surprise, you're always on here) then do you really think it's pertinent to give a whimsical reply to an injury question, what I'm saying is, the OP should talk to someone qualified rather than to someone on the internet who's guesstimating.

I've decided to have this week off weights and return to my usual routine next week. If my problem persists or reoccurs I will be moving on to lighter weights and increased reps.

Did he, I see someone agreed with something else you said later on in the thread but not your original reply to the OP.

If you haven't the time (this is a surprise, you're always on here) then do you really think it's pertinent to give a whimsical reply to an injury question, what I'm saying is, the OP should talk to someone qualified rather than to someone on the internet who's guesstimating.

Where did I give some sort a diagnosis of a medical issue? I gave recommendations on rep ranges for his training.

I'm not always on here (thanks for the jibe) considering I have to train twice a day along with other commitments, but if you have a problem with people other than personal trainers giving information, then it's quite pointless coming to the section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did I give some sort a diagnosis of a medical issue? I gave recommendations on rep ranges for his training.

I'm not always on here (thanks for the jibe) considering I have to train twice a day along with other commitments, but if you have a problem with people other than personal trainers giving information, then it's quite pointless coming to the section.

You're right, it does seem pointless, especially reading the lifting threads, too many people just thor-ing whatever they think/have heard sounds right, without actually knowing anything.

TiredEyes said:
You're right, it does seem pointless, especially reading the lifting threads, too many people just thor-ing whatever they think/have heard sounds right, without actually knowing anything.

Thoring? What do you think your PT's do?

I've found PTs to be the biggest regurgitaters of information out there without looking to further what they pick up on their certification. Not always the case, I've spoken to some very knowledgable PTs online but haven't encountered too many in person. I'm sure everybody with training experienced has witnessed some very poor personal trainers in the gym.

Ohh I dunno, work in the industry, do what they do as living for 40 hrs a week.

I'm sure, like in all walks of life, there's those that plod through their jobs uninterested but I'd proffer that most of them chose to be within that industry and have worked hard to get there. It'd surely be in their best interests to further educate themselves and keep themselves current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back