Lewis gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry to see a long server go, he's done good things and at least part of the recent lack of impact on the field cannot be put down to him. It's also evident that he worked hard to bring in new faces.]

However, perhaps it is time for a refresh and as long as the club strategy is to develop and support players from across the region I'll be happy.

Good luck to him.

Who next though? Colly?

Last edited:
Sorry to see a long server go, he's done good things and at least part of the recent lack of impact on the field cannot be put down to him. It's also evident that he worked hard to bring in new faces.]

However, perhaps it is time for a refresh and as long as the club strategy is to develop and support players from across the region I'll be happy.

Good luck to him.

Who next though? Colly?

A fresh start is definitely needed. With North coming in it looks like there’s going to be wholesale changes.

Hes served us well, but it’s definitely time for a refresh

Club statement is a bit wrong.

States he led us to our 1st ever T20 finals day in 2016.

Are we ignoring the 2008?

Last edited:
Interesting, very interesting

Going to be Colly?

A fresh start is definitely needed. With North coming in it looks like there’s going to be wholesale changes.

Hes served us well, but it’s definitely time for a refresh

Club statement is a bit wrong.

States he led us to our 1st ever T20 finals day in 2016.

Are we ignoring the 2008?
Think they were probably referring to the actual final itself but haven't worded it very well.

About time to and to be fair he probably wasn’t calling the shots when Colly was around anyway.

Got the job in unsavoury circumstances and development of the players he brought through has stagnated to the detriment of the club (appreciate the circumstances over the last couple of years).

Someone like Benks or @nkilleen77 would be perfect to take it forward

What would he bring?
His captaincy of late left a lot to be desired, would first team coach for him be an improvement for us?
Seems to be a coach in demand for England. It looks an obvious choice but maybe they have an outsider lined up

Could be the time for a completely new approach from outside of Durham

About time to and to be fair he probably wasn’t calling the shots when Colly was around anyway.

Got the job in unsavoury circumstances and development of the players he brought through has stagnated to the detriment of the club (appreciate the circumstances over the last couple of years).

Someone like Benks or @nkilleen77 would be perfect to take it forward
I'd imagine and hope they'd advertise the job rather than headhunt someone. Then it's up to whoever to apply, but I'd hope the person they'd select has a CV that includes coaching elsewhere, I'm not sure the coaching Colly has done with England is qualification enough.

Hopefully Benks, Killeen and Colly and anyone else bang in an application form and then North, Beefy and that ChExec have a few good options.

Why so much hate for Lewis? He's done about as well as anyone might have done under the financial constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back