Lewis gone

Why so much hate for Lewis? He's done about as well as anyone might have done under the financial constraints.
Don’t be silly. We need a scapegoat. Any sodr that loses its top 3, a promising all rounder and one it’s opening bowlers should be fine

I don’t follow the Durham situation as closely as some clearly, but it’s clearly not all his fault

Last edited:

Loads of interesting information here from Dobell: Jon Lewis steps away from Durham role
Looks like it’s going to be a split role
Always knew it would be split following the appointment of a Director of Cricket

This bit is interesting
The new coaching structure will see a coach employed to run the Championship and List A side - a nine month a year role - while another coach - again in a part-time role - will run the T20 side. There will also be a batting consultant - available for around 120 days a year - and two full-time roles as bowling coach (which will be Neil Killeen) and an assistant coach or second XI coach, which will be Alan Walker.

So what's happening to the Academy. I know academy players will be assigned to PL Clubs, but it sounds like no John Windows - can't be right.

Always knew it would be split following the appointment of a Director of Cricket

This bit is interesting
The new coaching structure will see a coach employed to run the Championship and List A side - a nine month a year role - while another coach - again in a part-time role - will run the T20 side. There will also be a batting consultant - available for around 120 days a year - and two full-time roles as bowling coach (which will be Neil Killeen) and an assistant coach or second XI coach, which will be Alan Walker.

So what's happening to the Academy. I know academy players will be assigned to PL Clubs, but it sounds like no John Windows - can't be right.

Well ive replied to a email from Durham yesterday about u16/17 trials starting in January, and John was the one i had to contact

Thank you Jon Lewis, for services to our Club. Both with his batting and his coaching.

Arguably go down as a club legend, certainly in recent history. His record opening on early Riverside pitches shouldn’t be understated, he was a big part of the initial rise of the club under Boony and despite others on here having very short memories, I won’t forget his achievements as a coach too.

Not many coaches win County Championships, some great ones have never come close - so well done JJB and again, thank you to him*.

*I’m fully aware he probably doesn’t post on here.

Rumours of Craig White next

That would be horrific.

Good luck and that but thank god he's out. The Cricket equivalent of David Moyes.

Absolutely fuckall like David Moyes.

Lewis won trophies for us, what he had to cope with - the financial constraints, losing his best players season after season, points deductions - I’m in total agreement with the best journalist on the circuit, he did a remarkable job.

Last edited:

This bit is interesting

That all sounds a bit complicated.

Over the moon he’s gone. Absolute dickhead of a bloke. Only one man for this job for me and that’s Dale Benkenstein.
Even if it was just for the T20 gig each summer would do me.

Last edited:
Benks, Colly, Ottis or Killeen. In keeping with recent recruits (Botham and North) it would be better if him/they had previously been at DCCC, basing things on the 'they knows what it means' theory and would get support from the members if we have a difficult season.

Interesting to see they are appointing a new assistant academy coach - guessing James Lowe who is in the current position has gained promotion in some way.

Back