Levels of Apathy with our club are rising quickly.

This waiting game and guess work is not good! Don’t know about you lot, but quite a few I know and myself are quite sitting very high on the ‘couldn’t give a fuck scale’.....anyone else?
I could cos it's my club wether they are fantastic, average or the usual.Any new manager will get my backing in the hope he can bring a winning side..My mates and I will continue to enjoy the game ( and the match day stuff ) as we have for 50 off years ..nee matter who is the boss .haway the lads (as per)

..erm, i posted if you look back that there was a meeting booked in Tuesday. Posting what i got told. Show me my quotes where i i was "quite excited"???? I posted what i got told.
Who told you ? Look how this kind of stuff caught Reiver out when people are so quick to post this kind of stuff especially at the moment
A win then another and another and we are 2nd in this shit league, new manager bounce keep it going and then we are out of here, apathy disappears
Said that last season about games in hand ! IMO we'll drift further on Saturday this team is stagnant at the moment !

Last edited:
Who told you ? Look how this kind of stuff caught Reiver out when people are so quick to post this kind of stuff especially at the moment

Said that last season about games in hand ! IMO we'll drift further on Saturday this team is stagnant at the moment !

new manager bounce maaaate

The takeover stuff did nothing to help
This as the old short lived fanzine said ithics, I think understandably a lot of fans got excited about the prospect of a takeover by multi billionaires after the past few years of utter shite and then last seasons failures. It’s a bit like the rubber band effect, now the takeover hasn’t progressed or may have fallen through people are very downbeat and angry. These next few moves need to be done well, appointment of the manager and a pick up of results or the negative vibes could damage us for the next few years. Over to you stewy, big big few weeks ahead.

...because it's what i got told...what do you find hard to understand mate?
Am not doubting that’s what you got told and you posted it in good faith, what I am finding it hard to understand is if you are as apathetic to Sunderland as you claim, why are you on here posting? By posting on here shows you do care.

Appointing Parkinson would be an absolute catastrophe IMO, we all need a lift. As a fan base we need something to get excited about - it’s not Phil fuckin Parkinson

Appointing Parkinson would be an absolute catastrophe IMO, we all need a lift. As a fan base we need something to get excited about - it’s not Phil fuckin Parkinson

It would be a terrible decision from both a football and business perspective. The fans would be on his back after the first misplaced pass and he wouldn’t be given any leeway at all. At least with Phillips he has so much “credit” in the bank with the fans they’d let him get on with it.

But sacking Ross when he didn’t have anyone else lined up as a replacement is just f***ing stupid.

What positives have we had in the past 12 months?

- Lost the checkatrade cup final;
- Missed out on automatic promotion;
- Lost the playoff final;
- No news on the potential takeover, doesn't sound positive at all after being led to believe multi-billionaire owners were investing in the club:
- 9th in the league, failing to beat Bolton and getting turned over by Lincoln;
- Managerless, with the possibility of Phil Parkinson taking over.

Let's face it, it's shite.

And then add in the previous 5 or 6 years seasons where we had the worst record in the UK and top flight Europe

We’d pretty much sat in the bottom 3 (other than a few weeks towards the end of a few seasons) for over half a decade

We’re just constantly kicked in the nuts

Over the past couple of weeks, there's too many people been carried away by their own fantasies and the fantasies of others. Now they are returning back to face reality, they can rest assured that this type of experience is part and parcel of being a lads supporter.

It doesn't help with bellends coming on here and getting people's hopes up by making stuff up or stating as fact stories that they're mates mates aunties uncle told them was happening.
Then when fuck all happens people get pissed off and start arguing between themselves and slagging everyone and everything off.

Coming out if Lincoln away I realised the feeling of apathy twinged with anger I had had all summer after Wembley was back and still remains ATM, heading down to Wycombe but not really looking forward to it

The fact that Wycombe and Shrewsbury have both gone to GS tells me that a lot of folk are fed up with SAFC at the moment. The longer this mediocrity drags on, in both on the pitch performances, and off the pitch penny pinching, and the harder it will be for these two to sell the club for the huge profit they are hoping for.

It is apathy rather than anger that sees people not going anymore. It isn't getting the bed-sheets out it's staying at home or in the pub.
An inspiring appointment this time was vital.

What positives have we had in the past 12 months?

- Lost the checkatrade cup final;
- Missed out on automatic promotion;
- Lost the playoff final;
- No news on the potential takeover, doesn't sound positive at all after being led to believe multi-billionaire owners were investing in the club:
- 9th in the league, failing to beat Bolton and getting turned over by Lincoln;
- Managerless, with the possibility of Phil Parkinson taking over.

Let's face it, it's shite.
This.

Worst thing is you could see it coming a mile off, but oh no, apparently I was just being negative.
If we get this appointment wrong then it could be over for us for the next 3-5 years.
I'm already resigned to still being here this time next year.

Last edited:

Back