Leonardo da Vinci drawings coming to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

haha. I don't mind paying on the door but booking ahead is a bit silly. How busy are they expecting it to be:rolleyes:
Very.
I imagine there'll also be group bookings so rather than people turning up and getting turned away or them having to update everyone whenever a slot is full, this makes it manageable. If you don't think it will be busy, there's nothing stopping you checking your phone five minutes before you plan to go and booking your tickets then. Not really a hardship.

Very.
I imagine there'll also be group bookings so rather than people turning up and getting turned away or them having to update everyone whenever a slot is full, this makes it manageable. If you don't think it will be busy, there's nothing stopping you checking your phone five minutes before you plan to go and booking your tickets then. Not really a hardship.
you dont have to pre book a the louvre so what makes this so special. they can fuck off like. Just putting a barrier in the way of people getting to see it.

Not sure Sunderland museum is the same size as the Louvre but I assume you are just on a wind up now so I'll leave you to your crayons.;)
I'm not. They should be encouraging folk to come along. Booking means if you happen to be nearby you won't be able to go. It's stupid.

I'm not. They should be encouraging folk to come along. Booking means if you happen to be nearby you won't be able to go. It's stupid.
You can. You wander in to the main entrance, ask to buy tickets and is long as it isn't fully booked, you can get them. You're convinced it won't be full so you can't lose.
If they don't restrict numbers in a limited size exhibition space, you won't be able to see the drawings due to loads of big fat crayon munchers getting in the way.
The only person making it difficult is you.

You can. You wander in to the main entrance, ask to buy tickets and is long as it isn't fully booked, you can get them. You're convinced it won't be full so you can't lose.
If they don't restrict numbers in a limited size exhibition space, you won't be able to see the drawings due to loads of big fat crayon munchers getting in the way.
The only person making it difficult is you.
that's fair enough then. I might go.

Been today and it was really good. They only let small groups of people in at a time and the drawings are well spaced out so you have plenty of time to appreciate them without feeling crowded. Really enjoyed looking at them and there's a good amount of background information.

Look out for Andrew Tift's drawings of old people in the gallery opposite. They are absolutely outstanding drawings and well worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back