Legal Bods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glad we got to the bottom of this. I got more pelters than the op on here. Accused of giving bad advice. :lol:

Remember people read your policy and use it.
And don’t always take a coppers advice or believe them.
A lot on here told the lad to plead guilty. Now that’s bad advice.

Hopefully @duff_man will apologise to us both. I doubt it.

I have been to court for this exact thing numerous times where the driver has been found guilty. The copper backed down, I wouldn’t have and would’ve let the bench decide.

I am in court in a couple of weeks with a very similar thing but with possession of a fraudulent document thrown in as well. I will keep you informed

I have been to court for this exact thing numerous times where the driver has been found guilty. The copper backed down, I wouldn’t have and would’ve let the bench decide.

I am in court in a couple of weeks with a very similar thing but with possession of a fraudulent document thrown in as well. I will keep you informed
Totally different innit. The person you are going to court knew he/she wasn’t insured and tried to cover it up with a printed cover note or policy. Where they will probably say they were sold it by a salesman at the door and documents sent out. That’s old school.
Keep me informed and I’m here for any other advice mate.

Totally different innit. The person you are going to court knew he/she wasn’t insured and tried to cover it up with a printed cover note or policy. Where they will probably say they were sold it by a salesman at the door and documents sent out. That’s old school.
Keep me informed and I’m here for any other advice mate.

Not different at all. They had their own insurance but the car they were driving didn’t have a policy. Car got seized and EFPN issued. He later produced a forged document for the other car to try and show there was cover on it when there wasn’t. Promptly arrested, interviewed with solicitor present who advised him to make a full and frank admission. Charged with fraud offences in relation to the document and driving without insurance and the EFPN cancelled to save seperate court dates. Job done.

Not different at all. They had their own insurance but the car they were driving didn’t have a policy. Car got seized and EFPN issued. He later produced a forged document for the other car to try and show there was cover on it when there wasn’t. Promptly arrested, interviewed with solicitor present who advised him to make a full and frank admission. Charged with fraud offences in relation to the document and driving without insurance and the EFPN cancelled to save seperate court dates. Job done.

Totally different. I had insurance to drive the car, hence the charges were dropped.

Reactions: Pop
Totally different. I had insurance to drive the car, hence the charges were dropped.
He won’t answer mate. If you look at my first post of the thread you will see why.
He would still take you to court even after your insurance company said you were covered. That about says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back