Legacy Bar, Park Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.

lets just say i had a few run ins with the corner flag owner when i ran the seventy3 buses.

as for gigs your totally right, no advertising at all and expect the band to do it themselves and bring 50 people with them.

sorry but its Greens for us now playing, and in a couple of months doing a one off at Life Of Riley on a saturday night which will be lively ill say the least
"Do you have much of a following?"

We're a fuckin' cover band not the Stones. :lol:

"Do you have much of a following?"

We're a fuckin' cover band not the Stones. :lol:
all depends on the area too, were playing in Philadelphia this friday and have a massive following round houghton (150 registered as attending so far) last time we were there they ran the pumps dry by half time haha.

all depends on the area too, were playing in Philadelphia this friday and have a massive following round houghton (150 registered as attending so far) last time we were there they ran the pumps dry by half time haha.
Hotter than hell that little stage.

Possibly out for a meal but if not I'll see if the lads fancy a look down.

Probably need to be blotto to listen to covers of Journey, Foreigner, Queen, etc.

No offence, like.

absofuckinglutely, one things for sure though......nee overpayed shit so no Dont stop believing or living on a prayer, actually do different songs which are just as well known
Separate Ways

Foreigner..... Feels Like The First Time
Queen .... I would have said Tie Ya Mother Down but maybe not - Hammer To Fall?
Whitesnake - Still of the Night.

Am I warm?

Last edited:
Separate Ways

Foreigner..... Feels Like The First Time
Queen .... I would have said Tie Ya Mother Down but maybe not - Hammer To Fall?
White Snake - Still of the Night.

Am I warm?

have you seen us before haha?

separate ways yep (we dont actually have a keys player so our guitarist does all the keyboard parts too)
feels like the first time is actually on our potential list
queen we do both tie ya mother down and hammer to fall.

whitesnake have fool for your loving - that said i do like still of the night

Last edited:
have you seen us before haha?

separate ways yep
feels like the first time is actually on our potential list
queen we do both tie ya mother down and hammer to fall.

whitesnake have fool for your loving - that said i do like still of the night
:lol: Tut yay said different ones.

Naa I've not seen yas but I kna pub rock. 😛

Me old band used to do Feels Like The First Time and a canny cover of Don't Break My Heart Again.

:lol: Tut yay said different ones.

Naa I've not seen yas but I kna pub rock. 😛

Me old band used to do Feels Like The First Time and a canny cover of Don't Break My Heart Again.
you be surpised these day how many bands do the same song, everyone does dont stop believing, living on a prayer, we will rock you, mad to see even separate ways not been played by anyone recently. trying to find that niche and seems to be working as were getting work down barnsley way now.

two cracking songs them he played i must say

you be surpised these day how many bands do the same song, everyone does dont stop believing, living on a prayer, we will rock you, mad to see even separate ways not been played by anyone recently. trying to find that niche and seems to be working as were getting work down barnsley way now.

two cracking songs them he played i must say
:lol: :lol: I really wouldn't be. How's your cover of She Sells Sanctuary? 😛

Separate Ways gets a bit of a hammering because it's more guitar driven n ya can get away with it without the keys - and probably one of Perry's less taxing vocals. Ya see it a lot on the club circuit. I'd like to see someone give Wheel In The Sky a go - not be easy to sing though and might fall flat being a less popular one.

Livin' On A Prayer segued into You Give Love A Bad Name cos the singer can't handle the key change... please fuck off. :lol:

Was in a couple month back. Looked like it had just been reopened. Was nice . Was looking for a game of pool but they never had the table anymore

:lol: :lol: I really wouldn't be. How's your cover of She Sells Sanctuary? 😛

Separate Ways gets a bit of a hammering because it's more guitar driven n ya can get away with it without the keys - and probably one of Perry's less taxing vocals. Ya see it a lot on the club circuit. I'd like to see someone give Wheel In The Sky a go - not be easy to sing though and might fall flat being a less popular one.

Livin' On A Prayer segued into You Give Love A Bad Name cos the singer can't handle the key change... please fuck off. :lol:
More chance of sunderland winning the league than us playing that song haha.

aye its so hard at times to find the right song. we are sometimes too much of a perfectionist so weve learnt songs some more technical than others and tested them at gigs, if they dont get the reaction we want we drop them and move to the next.

More chance of sunderland winning the league than us playing that song haha.

aye its so hard at times to find the right song. we are sometimes too much of a perfectionist so weve learnt songs some more technical than others and tested them at gigs, if they dont get the reaction we want we drop them and move to the next.
Unfortunately, Joe Public like the basics and deviating from them doesn't always work. We used to do Little Sister by QOTSA and the only place we ever got any kind of reaction to it other than blank stares was in the Angel. Play shit like Dakota or Sex On Fire and they gan down a bastard storm nee matter where ya are.

Unfortunately, Joe Public like the basics and deviating from them doesn't always work. We used to do Little Sister by QOTSA and the only place we ever got any kind of reaction to it other than blank stares was in the Angel. Play shit like Dakota or Sex On Fire and they gan down a bastard storm nee matter where ya are.
youd be very surpised recently with that last comment.

Ive seen and know venues and promoters who publicly slate bands who play them. i wont say her name, but one lass who books some bands does a live facebook stream anytime she sees a band play them songs and its bombarded with comments from others saying theyll not go and see them anymore. Plus depends on the venue. playing a venue where people go specifically to listen to music (greens in town, voyager or trimmers in sheilds, mallard seaham etc and you play any of them songs and youd be heckled on stage (seen it happen thankfully not to us) as they want to hear things different.
However if your gonna play a deadend dump where people go not for the music but to get mortal then yeah they will probs work......its been fortunate enough for us that we have the demand where were able to blacklist those venues and choose the ones we want where we get followings and biker festivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back