Legacy Bar, Park Lane

I used to get in when it was cheap cocktails upstairs. Think it was called Kitty O'Shea's.

£1 a cocktail circa 96. Canny before Pizazz
@pork pie was a regular

Last edited:

It's only the cheap beer, they've gone for the Joseph's crowd. It was a cracking boozer with character and they wrecked it.
There was a good crowd in when I was in, knew loads of them.
I wouldn’t describe them as the Joseph’s crowd.
Mind most of them we’re pushing on a bit like yours truly, in fact I felt quite young in there.

never been successful since it stopped been Pure.

I've known of 3 different tenants over the last few years one of them been the bouncer from another bar.

All of them tried live music putting bands on but not one advertised these and seemed to focus all their work on advertising rock night in town.

I know of one band that played there who had a member publicly slate the place and say the bar lass told them its always been dead since she started working there.

That was what frustrated me about the Corner Flag. Would put live rock & indie bands on, hardly any advertising then hardly anyone would turn up

Heard Mark owed money out once again and the lad went in and wrecked the place. Everywhere he goes something happens, still stunned he got away with the vesta "mix up"

That was what frustrated me about the Corner Flag. Would put live rock & indie bands on, hardly any advertising then hardly anyone would turn up
lets just say i had a few run ins with the corner flag owner when i ran the seventy3 buses.

as for gigs your totally right, no advertising at all and expect the band to do it themselves and bring 50 people with them.

sorry but its Greens for us now playing, and in a couple of months doing a one off at Life Of Riley on a saturday night which will be lively ill say the least

lets just say i had a few run ins with the corner flag owner when i ran the seventy3 buses.

as for gigs your totally right, no advertising at all and expect the band to do it themselves and bring 50 people with them.

sorry but its Greens for us now playing, and in a couple of months doing a one off at Life Of Riley on a saturday night which will be lively ill say the least
What's your band called mate?

Back