Leeds Utd have always hated SAFC

Leeds couldn't give less of a shit about us like. Basically every club in the north/ North East of England try and have a rivalry with them and they only care about Man U, Chelsea, the entire country of Turkey, and to a small extent Millwall.
This
Lived down there few years they don’t think anything of us either way
They absolutely despise Man Utd, have Boro Esque rivalry with all the other Yorkshire clubs but Man Utd is where their hate goes

remember sitting in Leeds end in 1977 when was 10 with dad was about 8 of us no bother at all 1-1 game Bob Lee scored we jumped up no bother at all

Last edited:
The reason why they will tear us a new one tonight is certainly because they are driven by pure hatered for us.

It will have nothing to do with the fact that they could go top if Leicester don't win at Millwall plus another 3 points for them with an improved goal difference would strengthen their chances of the title and automatic promotion.

This goes back years with Leeds who were the all conquering team under Don Revie. When he got England manager job Brian Clough was appointed but sacked in just 44 days. Clough told the players they had "won any cups by cheating." and should hand them back Thats how the dirty Leeds tag stuck. They dont hate Sunderland any more than any club but the Cup Final has a lasting memory for them and us.

I’ve lived in Leeds for 17 years, and got my mate’s season ticket tonight so I’m in the home end.

First time I’ve been to Elland Road since seeing them beat Hartlepool 4-1 in 2007.

Wondering what I’ve let myself in for
Tetley farts, the baton carriers for the moustache and grown men hyperventilating about some 17 or 18 year old playing for us.

Don't mind Leeds... 🤷‍♂️

Used to play Left Wing and modelled me game on Eddie Gray....(and Colin Suggett)..Eddie too had a Magic Left Foot....Incidentally his Great Nephew Archie, Born in Durham while his Dad played for the Mighty Black Cats will play and no doubt score against us Tonight.... I might put a bet on it!!! :cool:

Don't mind Leeds... 🤷‍♂️

Used to play Left Wing and modelled me game on Eddie Gray....(and Colin Suggett)..Eddie too had a Magic Left Foot....Incidentally his Great Nephew Archie, Born in Durham while his Dad played for the Mighty Black Cats will play and no doubt score against us Tonight.... I might put a bet on it!!! :cool:
Is that the Eddie Gray just scrambling out of Super Dicks pocket .Commentator to Dick after the game I thought Gray would have murdered you,Dick replied oh aye he did they took him off ha ha

Very hostile atmosphere on both sides in the 60's. A few players on both side got badly hurt which fueled the fire, but the 73 Cup win seemed to take all the venom out of it.

I remember my elder brother saying there was always trouble at Elland Road in the 1960s when we played them.

Don't mind Leeds. Huge club, with decent fans and an ambitious owner. Good luck to them, apart from tonight! Bamford would be cracking for us. Aggy little bastard, I like that in a player.

Back