Leeds Utd have always hated SAFC

It’s been more us hating them than the other way round.
It was worse years ago not as intense now mainly us older fellas from a couple of things which happened.

They were managed by ex Sunderland player Don Revie and when we went up to Division 1 in 1964 as runners up they were Champions. A couple of cup games were nasty and didn't they break Bobby Kerr's leg twice in two ties? Made it all the more sweet when he lifted the Cup at Wembley.
Digging through memory but even before Bobby Kerr I think Willie McPheat had his leg broken by Bobby Collins in a diabolical tackle.

Last edited:
I gave you a like purely for ending your sentence.
Few things irritate me more on here than when someone says “end of”. They haven’t even ended their own sentence let alone the conversation.
You sir, on the other hand, have, and I salute you for this 🫡
Why thank you, kind Sir. 🤣

No they haven't. End of thread
Probably started when Stokoe accused Revie of trying to bribe him and oh yes everybody hated the dirty cheating leeds of the sixties and seventies! Leeds haven't always hated us as we had won 5 league titles before they came into existance in 1919...leeds were nothing until Revie came along and revie hated Sunderland.

Last edited:
The Leeds hate is surely only really for people who grew up in the 60s/70s? They've never been a rival to me, always a bit of an edge but got nowt against them personally and never come across a Leeds fan that hates us.

Digging through memory but even before Bobby Kerr I think Willie McPheat had his leg broken by Bobby Collins in a diabolical tackle.
The league games between the two were tasty as well especially in the 1963-64 season. They were a nasty side especially in the early 1960s.

Their waiting list and away attendances brags are Mag like at the minute, go on how they've always been a well supported club.

Their average attendances between 2005 and 2020 say otherwise

White hot atmosphere tonight for a game with a bit more edge for them. Always remember selling Bridges to them, hated them since. Will our young players will tonight in the atmosphere or rise up.
They may well hate Sunderland, but they hate Newcastle more. Much, much more in fact.
;)

I've got a soft spot for Leeds.

My old man sat me in the home end for our 0-1 win in 2001. Warned me under pain of death not to speak, never mind look at anyone. McAteer scored and naturally I jumped up, Dad, expecting us to get lynched very quickly apologised to the absolute unit I was sat next to. Bloke was absolutely sound, told me to sing for my team and celebrate, even plonked me on his shoulders and introduced me to his equally massive pals. How I never got my Dad a good kicking, I'll never know.
That's class and exactly how it should be, whoever you are playing.

Leeds couldn't give less of a shit about us like. Basically every club in the north/ North East of England try and have a rivalry with them and they only care about Man U, Chelsea, the entire country of Turkey, and to a small extent Millwall.

Back