Leeds away pubs for away support

Remember drinking in a club up a hill near the ground a couple of times.
Not really helpful though as I can’t remember where it was, what it was called and it was about 25 years ago so is probably a Tesco now :lol:
ciu club? we would always go there before our games. cracking place. they'd always put a bit bait on as well.

Great bar in the city centre if you fancy a game of arrows.
Flight Club, was in there last weekend.
Not sure how far stadium is away from city centre like

I would recommend the Miners Arms in Morley, 10 minute taxi ride to the ground and has a huge Car Park for those driving! Cheap beer and good homecooked food! The owners are really nice people and the bar staff can't do enough for the clientele.

We drank in a pub about 10 mins walk from ground after the 2018 match, McNair scored for us I think. Can’t remember its name and can’t seem to find it on Google Maps but it seemed to be off a dual carriageway from what I remember. We were the only Sunderland fans in me and my brother but it was fine, nobody bothered us. I realise this isn’t much help to the OP mind.

Edit: found it. Was called The Drysalters and it’s now closed down. So aye, not much help sorry.

Last edited:
We drank in a pub about 10 mins walk from ground after the 2018 match, McNair scored for us I think. Can’t remember its name and can’t seem to find it on Google Maps but it seemed to be off a dual carriageway from what I remember. We were the only Sunderland fans in me and my brother but it was fine, nobody bothered us. I realise this isn’t much help to the OP mind.

Edit: found it. Was called The Drysalters and it’s now closed down. So aye, not much help sorry.

The Drysalters was always the second closest pub after The Peacock. I'm hoping to park in or near the dragon near Holbeck as it's easy for where I Iive, but it's probably home fans only.

Like others say, I'd perhaps stick to the city centre.

The Drysalters was always the second closest pub after The Peacock. I'm hoping to park in or near the dragon near Holbeck as it's easy for where I Iive, but it's probably home fans only.

Like others say, I'd perhaps stick to the city centre.
Aye, despite being a grand old and iconic ground in a good city, its location is canny shit especially for drinking. We drank in the Drysalters and watched the late kickoff that day then jumped in a taxi back to the city centre once the roads had quieted down.

There's probably only a few pubs that are rough ish and home fans only. It's a great city to drink in provided you don't act the idiot as you say.
Leeds isn’t really somewhere you need to ask as 90% of pubs will have barred any local troublemakers. A perfect example of a city which has reinvented itself and is now thriving

Great bar in the city centre if you fancy a game of arrows.
Flight Club, was in there last weekend.
Not sure how far stadium is away from city centre like
Its 2.2 miles from the station to Elland Road so a fair trek from the centre . Its a bit of an industrial area around the stadium from what I remember years ago .

We dont know how lucky we are at the SOL for nearby bars pubs city centre, do we ?.

Leeds isn’t really somewhere you need to ask as 90% of pubs will have barred any local troublemakers. A perfect example of a city which has reinvented itself and is now thriving
Well in this thread in particular the Peacock has been mentioned and that pub is still full of troublemakers. Other than that I fully agree, it's a great city

Back