Leeds away pubs for away support

Aye, despite being a grand old and iconic ground in a good city, its location is canny shit especially for drinking. We drank in the Drysalters and watched the late kickoff that day then jumped in a taxi back to the city centre once the roads had quieted down.

Last time we were there we walked back into the centre, but it's a bit of a trek.

It’s strange that away fans can drink in any boozers in Sunderland and Newcastle without bother as long as they behave themselves like, but can’t in Leeds.
I mean really it’s not that different a city.

Too late now but I've been in that WMC in Beeston a couple of times. Up that long hill behind what was the away end then turn right.
Both times it was 50/50 very friendly. They sang we sang a song very civilised !

Remember drinking in a club up a hill near the ground a couple of times.
Not really helpful though as I can’t remember where it was, what it was called and it was about 25 years ago so is probably a Tesco now :lol:
Ring any bells ?

It’s strange that away fans can drink in any boozers in Sunderland and Newcastle without bother as long as they behave themselves like, but can’t in Leeds.
I mean really it’s not that different a city.
Imagine going to Rotherham and effectively not being able to drink in the town.

Irony being it’s doing everyone a massive favour and sending people for a far better experience in Sheffield.

Back