Lee Johnson

I'd say no because there's nothing in his record that suggests he could do what is required. He might be a good manager for someone, but he's not the right fit for us. He's shown that he can slowly take a side fighting relegation into upper midtable. At Sunderland he would need to instantly get promotion. He wouldn't be given 3 seasons to mould and improve a squad.

Made 60m in player sales, spent as much, couldn't get us in the play offs.

I'd take Barnsley comments with a pinch of salt, bitter lot, thought Heckingbottom was a league above Johnson.

he’s a prick. And you know it, it just smarts for you lot because we was right all along.
Who is he?

he’s a record breaking head coach, he’s responsible for the longest losing runs, in the history of both Bristol and Barnsley. And he’s a bellender

Last edited:
Judging by that beard he’s got ower much time on his hands. I want someone only allowed out of the aol to go to football matches. A manager should be clean shaven or have a desert island castaways beard cos they’re so wrapped up in their job they’ve not got the time to shave. A facial topiary fop isn’t what we need.

Have I stumbled on to the wrong board or something? Whee's this melt?
In his defence there are 2 clubs in Bristol and he’s probably annoyed at the number of people who just say “Bristol” when they are referring to Bristol City (or Bristol Rovers).

It boils my piss when people on here say “Dundee” when they mean “Dundee United” and I don’t give a shiny shite about either side (despite the fact I’m responsible for Dundee going into administration in 2010)

Last edited:
In his defence there are 2 clubs in Bristol and he’s probably annoyed at the number of people who just say “Bristol” when they are referring to Bristol City (or Bristol Rovers).

It boils my piss when people on here say “Dundee” when they mean “Dundee United” and I don’t give a shiny shite about either side (despite the fact I’m responsible for Dundee going into administration in 2010)
With you on the Dundee thing - town of my birth, but have to say I always favoured Dundee over Dundee united

With you on the Dundee thing - town of my birth, but have to say I always favoured Dundee over Dundee united
I say I don’t give a shiny shite, but I do like to see them both do well. I have plenty of connections to both sides as well.

My in laws are armchair Dundee fans, one of my best mates was a die hard United fan. My wife’s best pal lives in a flat next to 2 Dundee players and my daughter’s best friend lives next door to United’s star player. Most of my work colleagues are Dundee season ticket holders at the moment, but I’ve also worked somewhere that was mainly United.

he’s a prick. And you know it, it just smarts for you lot because we was right all along.

he’s a record breaking head coach, he’s responsible for the longest losing runs, in the history of both Bristol and Barnsley. And he’s a bellender

agreed. He’s an arrogant prick in the pardew mould despite having a poor managerial record

Made 60m in player sales, spent as much, couldn't get us in the play offs.

I'd take Barnsley comments with a pinch of salt, bitter lot, thought Heckingbottom was a league above Johnson.

Where were before Johnson took over ? As I remember it, not really a serious a contender for promotion to the Premier league. Struggling in league one ? So he was a victim of his own success really. Bought well and sold on for profits. It doesn't always work out that you will get play offs or promotion when others around you are throwing cash at it too. The relegated clubs are nearly always in with a better chance of occupying 3 of the top 6 spots. Derby look like the biggest failure in the Championship.

Has a habit of falling out with players (ask Bailey Wright). A but Marmite here in Bristol -most prefer his Dad.
Anyone..............?

Bristol (no subname, unless you count the NFL-like Bears) are the rugby club. The football teams are City and Rovers (aka The Gas).

Last edited:

Back