Lee Johnson

Yes. Young coach and forward thinking.
Mate of mine supports Bristol City, he couldn't wait to see the back of him. Seems to have done alright at Oldham and Barnsley leading them to mid table then not met expectations at City. They always seemed to look good for the play offs then blew it towards the end. I think they've spent a fair bit on the sly.

Also raked in some big money for Flint and Webster.

Mate of mine supports Bristol City, he couldn't wait to see the back of him. Seems to have done alright at Oldham and Barnsley leading them to mid table then not met expectations at City. They always seemed to look good for the play offs then blew it towards the end. I think they've spent a fair bit on the sly.

Also raked in some big money for Flint and Webster.

Footy fans will never be happy until they win everything forever ad infinitum :p .... I was impressed with them at the SOL and heard good things about his training methods. Players commented on it etc. Thing is, he improved them dramatically, but couldn't take it the final step. Small details etc.

There are millions spent in the Championship these days and most relegated are immediately very competitive. I don't remember Britsol C spending out of proportion personally. Not in comparison to many other clubs. I'd rather have Poyet back or Keane myself, but I wouldn't just dismiss Johnson because he isn't a big name or been deemed a failure. For them to have been competitive at the top end of the Champo, is success in my opinion.

If the club/new owners are going to appoint a Sporting Director with overall control over footballing matters that will implement a playing identity I would like to see a manager/head coach that has worked under that system.

That would probably means a foreign, reasonably unknown coach.

That said I’d prefer to wait until that actually happens. If.

I’d be offering Pearson or the Cowleys the job until the end of the season as they both could work with the current squad and in my opinion get more of a tune out of the bastards than Parky.

If the club/new owners are going to appoint a Sporting Director with overall control over footballing matters that will implement a playing identity I would like to see a manager/head coach that has worked under that system.
That said I’d prefer to wait until that actually happens. If.

I’d be offering Pearson or the Cowleys the job until the end of the season as they both could work with the current squad and in my opinion get more of a tune out of the bastards than Parky.
Don’t hold your breath.

Footy fans will never be happy until they win everything forever ad infinitum :p .... I was impressed with them at the SOL and heard good things about his training methods. Players commented on it etc. Thing is, he improved them dramatically, but couldn't take it the final step. Small details etc.

There are millions spent in the Championship these days and most relegated are immediately very competitive. I don't remember Britsol C spending out of proportion personally. Not in comparison to many other clubs. I'd rather have Poyet back or Keane myself, but I wouldn't just dismiss Johnson because he isn't a big name or been deemed a failure. For them to have been competitive at the top end of the Champo, is success in my opinion.
Made 60m in player sales, spent as much, couldn't get us in the play offs.

I'd take Barnsley comments with a pinch of salt, bitter lot, thought Heckingbottom was a league above Johnson.

Last edited:
It would be a step up from Parky but still a pretty unambitious appointment. Would get us promoted but showed with Bristol City that even with money to spend he will tread water in the Championship.

Back