Lee Johnson

He's improved teams wherever he's been and that's the most important thing. He wasn't on the radar but I suggested him a bit ago, although I thought he was taking a break from football.

Bristol City fans didn’t seem to like or rate him?

I hope this works out, but it is pretty much as underwhelming an appointment as they could have made (given that they had already appointed and sacked Phil Parkinson).

Putting all the events of this week to one side:

Does Speakman and Johnson sound like the appointments an ambitious new owner would make?

Or does it seem more like a decision CM and SD would come to?

Very worrying IMO.

Bristol City fans didn’t seem to like or rate him?

Do football fans like any managers these days? Especially ones who have been in jobs for a couple of years. They fell short of the play-offs and that must have been frustrating, but they were 22nd and heading for League One when he took over there.

Underwhelmed with the prospective appointments of Speakman and Johnson. However gotta believe in the new system. So clean slate from me, let's see what is implemented moving forward. Change was needed and we have change.

Johnson has obviously accepted working within the new structure which has proved a stumbling block. Bit of a mixed bag as a coach with some very complimentary and others not so much, wonder which camp Bailey Wright falls into?

Anyway with the mooted continental boardroom changes I didn't expect Birmingham and Bristol City would be the pathway to the AoL but both must have ticked the boxes for the interview panel, whoever that was!

Back