Lee Hughes vs Graeme Swann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, man - what's he done to have pissed you off so much that in the same day you'd wished he was dead and knocked over???

Only language he understands so it seems, wanting me banned for fucks sake. He comes across abit sad on here and probably needs to admit he is wrong, either that or he is a shite WUM

Only language he understands so it seems, wanting me banned for fucks sake. He comes across abit sad on here and probably needs to admit he is wrong, either that or he is a shite WUM

as oppose to wishing me dead you mean

not even an apology

thought it was quite topical

I wonder if there will be a few on the cricket board giving Hughes dogs abuse tomorrow whilst recovering from their hangover of celebreating Swanns achievements in Australia

Not really, it would have been more topical to try and compare Hughes with Benno (Gary and not Ritchie just in case there was any confusion).

Not really, it would have been more topical to try and compare Hughes with Benno (Gary and not Ritchie just in case there was any confusion).

well thats my opinion. I believe it is topical. I am certainly not been insulting to anyone and raising the issue of drink driving always provokes debate

well thats my opinion. I believe it is topical. I am certainly not been insulting to anyone and raising the issue of drink driving always provokes debate

it certainly does. you were the one who brought up it was topical as we were playing Notts County tomorrow so a better comparison for discussion may have been Hughes (vermin - your words) and Benno (legend - my words).

essex boy said:
just interesting, both drink drive in high powered sports cars, one will be back at the SOL tomorrow reforming his career in lower league football, the other has a downing street reception awaiting him

Why don't you actually venture your opinion on how different or similar the two offences are and how the two should be treated instead of being a snide, passive aggressive whining little bitch who's sorry two sportsman you don't like for ill-thought-out reasons have done well?

So why bring it up now, he was convicted a while ago wasn't he

in relation to the hero status he will be afforded and the not so hero status Hughes will be afforded

seems all is forgotten with one sporting hero while another ex hero will be given the full treatment tomorrow

Swann may not have killed someone but driving a porche while over the limit despite being a sporting icon to many youngsters/teenagers

essex boy said:
in relation to the hero status he will be afforded and the not so hero status Hughes will be afforded

seems all is forgotten with one sporting hero while another ex hero will be given the full treatment tomorrow

Swann may not have killed someone but driving a porche while over the limit despite being a sporting icon to many youngsters/teenagers

Feeble.

Off-spinner Swann...

could quite easily have ended in disaster but he is still a national treasure because it didnt :lol:

the way you post that makes it sound like you wish he had killed someone just to suit your argument, or that you're glad hughes did to prove your point, either way its such childish and callous lack of respect for human life that you'd bring any of this up

not at all.

Very apt to raise the issue with Notts County coming over tomorrow, where needless to say Hughes will get stick, whereas Swann will lap up the attention.

I dont think Swann is as good as what is being made out, ive never hid that.

which means in not so many words, its ok because he didnt kill anyone

Case dismissed, Gentlemen.

Lee Hughes killed a bloke, then drove off and hid like a rat until the coke and booze was out of his blood. He got a relative slap (considering the above) on the wrists and is now out of jail and nicely topping up his millionaires bank balance.

Graeme Swann was just caught over the limit. Luckily he hadn't pranged his motor and killed anyone.

But to answer your question; propper, decent sportsmen in the public eye shouldn't be getting bladdered. Yes they have the right blah blah blah... but it's like arguing a case for Gymnast to have the right to eat as much KFC and Pizza Hut as they want.

That may well have been the case, but how can you start judging a case by case basis. Drink Driving causes umpteen deaths per year, some get away with it some dont.

The issue IMO is one is vermon, one isnt, seems like double standards to me

So EB you have never ever jumped into your car(I'm presuming you do drive) after having maybe one too many?

If everyone is honest we all have a one stage or another and been lucky not to do any harm

Last edited:
In fairness EB, for someone who likes to hide behind the integrity of the cricket board, this is pathetic. The fact you can't see the difference between the two (and also that you incorrectly state Swann is guilty, which he isn't), shows that you are a deranged idiot.

As Toosb points, is Niall Quinn as bad as Lee Hughes? I assume you're against Niall being our Chairman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back