Lee Burge

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think McLaughlin was as good as people make out on here, but was still superior to Burge. Not by a great deal.

Burge is similar to Wyke, clearly a confidence player, he's kept clean sheets, he's saved a penalty. Yes it helps to have the defence we do, but he still has to make saves.

Getting on with his job quietly under the radar. Good on him.

He's got better the more he's played and he's still relatively young for a goalkeeper, so there's still time for him to improve. You would suspect he's someone who can grow with this club over the next two to three years.
To be fair at the start of the season he looked terrified and since his penalty save has grown in confidence, he comes out much more than at the start of the season and the defenders have much more confidence with this and also feel able to use him as an out ball when harried. Not bad with both feet so not amazing but he's way better than I thought last October. Credit where its due.

Jury is still out on him for me, he has never really been under that much pressure as he has a good back 4 in front of him.
Is he as good as Mclaughlin, that is a no from me, but he has done all asked of him until now and his distribution is not that bad.
Had the one rickett, but that,s when he had received the kick on the head, so he can be forgiven that.

He's nervy and prone to a howler. I don't think I'll ever be totally comfortable with him as our number one.

However, we're unlikely to use resources on yet another keeper (cheers to Parky for bringing Matthews in who is even worse) and there have been some positives.

He kept us in the game twice at 0-0 vs Lincoln and made some good saves in other games.

If I was guessing, to the nearest 10 I reckon we’ve had about 30 shots against us which have required any goalkeeping competence to save. 17 of those have gone in.
That’s not good.
If we had still got McLaughlin our goals conceded might even be sub 10.

He's got better the more he's played and he's still relatively young for a goalkeeper, so there's still time for him to improve. You would suspect he's someone who can grow with this club over the next two to three years.
He’s a number 2 at best, should be upgraded first chance we get.

Good keepers are judged on mentality and concentration. They are gonna fuck up it’s all about how they react; and on that note Burge has a way to go.

A very good manger friend of mine said keepers should do everything that’s expected of them, making wonder saves is a bonus and very nice unless the next minute he’s dropping a flanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back