Lee Burge

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was good tonight. Positioning was good, made a good save and also handled a tricky ball in late on that was difficult due to the conditions. His kicking was horrendous on Saturday like and put us under a lot of pressure. Typical league one keeper. If he was better he would have been playing at a higher level and not available on a free. Having said that he's better than the clowns we had in goal in the Championship.
Without a doubt

Because he is prone to a massive error, as we've seen on about 4 different occasions this season.

Not sure what brought this thread on, he only made one routine save tonight. Probably the least he's had to do all season.

It happens to all keepers. One error usually results in a goal.

He's bounced back well and looks confident and deserves credit for that.

He just makes me nervous. That incident tonight when he almost rain out of his box to catch the ball highlights the fact he seems to have an error in him. He was fine otherwise.

You know what? I don’t mind him. He’s sharp to sweep up, generally decent with his feet and is a good shot stopper. He’s a decent fit and I expect he’s on buttons. I wouldn’t be against him getting another season if we’re in league one.

Ha ha.....so true though....how weird is that ? ....it seems like years since we had a keeper we could have real confidence in

It will partly be down to our defence. We have the lowest shots on target against per 90 in the division. We just rarely concede good goalscoring chances to other sides.

Since Johnson came in we conceded to Wigan who had 1 shot on target. Conceded to Hull when Burge palmed it in. And conceded 2 to Plymouth who had 3 on target all game.

Last edited:
He just makes me nervous. That incident tonight when he almost rain out of his box to catch the ball highlights the fact he seems to have an error in him. He was fine otherwise.
Don’t be nervous, relax in the knowledge that he has the most clean sheets in league 1, he has the best clean sheet percentage in league 1 and he’s conceded the least goals in league 1. Errors are allowed as long as they are kept to a minimum and your the best goalie in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back