League One Fans

Glad to see the back of them. Was reading the Lincoln messageboard, they hate us, like many do in league one :lol:

Lincoln man one of the most irrelevant football clubs around :lol:, no matter how shite we’ve been we will always have massive potential if someone gets it right. Clubs like Lincoln have hit their peak and League One will be as good as it ever gets for them. We should pity them really.

Not trying to be funny but that thread isn't even bad half the posters are actually complimentary. Ironically the people who are critical have just been proven right by this thread. This board is an embarrassment on our fan base at times.

They'll miss Sunderland turning up.

They would never admit but they'd rather have 3000 of us packed into the away end rather than a few hundred MK fans scattered around. These clubs usually have their biggest home supporter attendance when Sunderland are the opponents, we're a much bigger pull than Cheltenham.

Quite a few were fairly open about the fact having the likes of us & Sheffield weds in the league is a big financial benefit for them & good away day to boot.

I've got a lot of admiration for your average fan of a League One club. Vast majority of them don't get big crowds, there's not a lot of money floating about to sign players you've heard of, mid table in the league must be as close to purgatory you can get while still alive, and the media coverage is shit. The only way to properly follow your team is to turn up. Which thousands do.

“Perhaps they should try six years in the National League - see how full of character they are then”

We’d be the most followed club ever to see that league, f***ing spam heeds.
there would still be 30k at the sol. Away days would be insane teams giving us 75% of the ground just for the money

Luton wasn't fine last time. There was a hooligan gang of Luton who came out of the Wheelright pub near the station. Me and our lass were staying at the Easy hotel next-door. They walked towards the ground and there was the odd confrontation with small groups of Sunderland. They then waited at the bottom of the raised walkway and confronted Sunderland people as they came down. As we approached the ground a dozen of them attacked two Sunderland lads in a sidestreet. They're one of the Championship clubs who have an active hooligan gang.

"Last time i was down the Britannia there were loads of you lot waiting out side the away end looking for trouble."

Fair enough but we were fine walking round luton and had a few wishing us well for the season after the match.

I must have had my eyes closed at stoke as I’ve been there for every visit in the prem and can’t recall them waiting outside our end

Luton wasn't fine last time. There was a hooligan gang of Luton who came out of the Wheelright pub near the station. Me and our lass were staying at the Easy hotel next-door. They walked towards the ground and there was the odd confrontation with small groups of Sunderland. They then waited at the bottom of the raised walkway and confronted Sunderland people as they came down. As we approached the ground a dozen of them attacked two Sunderland lads in a sidestreet. They're one of the Championship clubs who have an active hooligan gang.

"Last time i was down the Britannia there were loads of you lot waiting out side the away end looking for trouble."
that isn't football i've lived in moss side, the dam, peckham, brixton, tulse hill. The months i spent in luton were hell moved to bloomsbury and commuted via st pancras in the end it was that grim.

Got to say, my experience of meeting fans in person during our stint in league one has been excellent barring one exception. If you go to the games stay over and talk to people, you will generally meet some very nice people from most clubs who are just football fans of their clubs like us. A lot of them are grateful you took the time to stay and experience their town/city centre for a night out.

Too many people let a daft comment on a forum or facebook cloud their opinion of an entire support, which is rediculous when you think about.

Now to that one bad experience in 4 years, we ended up in that beer garden of the pub close to the new meadow after beating Shrewsbury and it was rammed with EDL Brexity types and plastic mags. We tried our usual approach of just be friendly and talk about the football but this lot were not having it. We moved next to the police cordon drank our pints and made our escape after a few hairy moments and moved into town ony to find all the other Shrewsbury fans we met all night were spot on. Even they rolled their eyes when we mentioned it and said, that lot are aresholes...
I've said it before, people should only judge fan bases by the fans they actually meet. I include opposition fans in that, there was a comment on one of the links here from a fan saying he hated Sunderland supporters, another one said all the ones he'd met had been really canny. It transpired that the first bloke hadn't actually met any, he was just going off what he'd read from fans online.

Twitter in particular, but also online forums, contain a lot of wind up merchants/ trolls and a fair few wronguns who just hate everyone. If they weren't an online Lincoln fan they'd be an incel or a conspiracy theorist. I'd never judge a fan base from the content of "online fans". Look at Wigan, their weird online community seems to have a major chip on their shoulder about us, but they're also tweeting that lad who used to play for them and no doubt plenty of others. But I've never had any bother when I've actually met Wigan fans, they seem fine.

Same with the vast majority of league one clubs. Met some really canny lads from Plymouth, and have a lot of respect for the journeys they undertake every other week. Wycombe fans in person were absolutely fine at Wembley. Sheff Wed and Charlton fans seem decent. I've personally had bad experiences with Bolton and Portsmouth. The vast majority are fine though, its the mouthy little bellends on twitter who do nowt but stir up hatred.

Last edited:

Back