League 1 table looks interesting.

I only had a look at the table last night and was surprised how tight it looks, Fleetwood who not so long ago were a few places below are suddenly catching us, if any of the sides near the other end of the table like Stanley start getting a few wins then they possibly could find themselves in a play off place (its possible) yes its going to be an interesting few months.
Yes Fleetwood catching us by -4 points in the last 6

I think Rotherham will win it, I expected that at the start of the season. The other spot is fully up for grabs, we must put another run together now.
They will come unstuck. They have jammed three of the last four and should have lost two of them even by their own fans' admission. The nasty Pikey's look favourites to take the title.

They will come unstuck. They have jammed three of the last four and should have lost two of them even by their own fans' admission. The nasty Pikey's look favourites to take the title.

I fancied them on the basis that they’d yo-yo’ed between this league and the one above for the last few seasons so they know how to get it done.

I think all the cup games will do for Portsmouth if that’s who you’re referring to.

I think in this league there's a bit of a gulf between the top 8-10 or so and the bottom half. All those teams in the top half do well against lower half sides and then struggle against anyone in and around them. If anyone was good enough to find consistency against the top sides they'd pull away but so far it's not happened (Rotherham the possible exception). We're firmly in that mix of top half sides.

Last edited:
I only had a look at the table last night and was surprised how tight it looks, Fleetwood who not so long ago were a few places below are suddenly catching us, if any of the sides near the other end of the table like Stanley start getting a few wins then they possibly could find themselves in a play off place (its possible) yes its going to be an interesting few months.
Fleetwood havebeen above most of the season till we went on the unbeaten run

Portsmouth won’t be in the top 2. They have broke their neck just to get where they are now. That will blow away, coupled with impending fixture issues.

Our next for games will dictate whether or not we can get into top 2 or not.

Portsmouth still have the EFL trophy and FA Cup to look forward to - at least the others are only focusing on the league.

Canny game tomorrow mind; Coventry v Portsmouth

Portsmouth still have the EFL trophy and FA Cup to look forward to - at least the others are only focusing on the league.

Canny game tomorrow mind; Coventry v Portsmouth
Whichever side wins should end up in the top 2.

Wycombe v Fleetwood also interesting. Fleetwood need to win to keep their chances alive.
My dream last day....

We go to Rotherham in second place, 3 points clear of coventry in third.
Rotherham need a point for the league.
We kick off late then just all piss around in the centre circle for 90 minutes.
And I would come back in 50 years telling everyone how it has ruined my life ;)

Last edited:

Back