League 1 table looks interesting.

Whichever side wins should end up in the top 2.

Wycombe v Fleetwood also interesting. Fleetwood need to win to keep their chances alive.

And I would come back in 50 years telling everyone how it has ruined my life ;)
Your remaining home games are tricky - I’d have agreed on your Coventry point otherwise.

Portsmouth have a decent run in after tomorrow night from what I can remember. I know they have the other two competitions to focus on but think they’ll be top two if they can get something tomorrow.

Both will be at least playoffs though.

Your remaining home games are tricky - I’d have agreed on your Coventry point otherwise.

Portsmouth have a decent run in after tomorrow night from what I can remember. I know they have the other two competitions to focus on but think they’ll be top two if they can get something tomorrow.

Both will be at least playoffs though.
Our home games are against sides in the top half. Our away games are against sides in the bottom half. Makes every game winnable. It is all the draws this season that has not helped. But now our away form is much better.

But there is a long way to go yet. The first target is to be safe from relegation :D

Rotherham were my pick at the start of the season - of the three relegated clubs they were the one that at least gave a fight to stay up (Bolton were screwed financially and Ipswich went with a whimper), rather like Barnsley the season before.

2nd is up for grabs. At the moment, it looks like Pompey & Posh are the favourites - the latter seeming to have made light of the loss of baldy Maddison and are banging them in for fun. Why on earth SD didn't spend money on Toney instead of Grigg is beyond me. That said, Posh have a habit of fading badly and have also played more games than their rivals. Coventry face Pompey, Rotherham, us & Ipswich in their next 6 games, which could make or break their season.

I think whoever is in the top 2 on 2nd March will probably go up. There's a lot of games to play this month and a lot of points up for grabs.

Last edited:
Our home games are against sides in the top half. Our away games are against sides in the bottom half. Makes every game winnable. It is all the draws this season that has not helped. But now our away form is much better.

But there is a long way to go yet. The first target is to be safe from relegation :D

Also means there’s a chance of dropping points because it’s either against decent opposition or an away game. Hopefully.

Rotherham were my pick at the start of the season - of the three relegated clubs they were the one that at least gave a fight to stay up (Bolton were screwed financially and Ipswich went with a whimper), rather like Barnsley the season before.

2nd is up for grabs. At the moment, it looks like Pompey & Posh are the favourites - the latter seeming to have made light of the loss of baldy Maddison and are banging them in for fun. Why on earth SD didn't spend money on Toney instead of Grigg is beyond me. That said, Posh have a habit of fading badly and have also played more games than their rivals. Coventry face Pompey, Rotherham, us & Ipswich in their next 6 games, which could make or break their season.

I think whoever is in the top 2 on 2nd March will probably go up. There's a lot of games to play this month and a lot of points up for grabs.
They have a habit of having a mid season slump but recovering towards the end of the season but once they’re too far adrift and it’s too little too late.

They’ve had the slump, seem to have snapped out of it earlier than normal, whilst they’re still right in the mix and much more emphatically than previous.

They’ve got a fairly tough run of fixtures coming soon including a two week break which could kill their momentum but they still should definitely not be discounted.

Also means there’s a chance of dropping points because it’s either against decent opposition or an away game. Hopefully.
Prefer top teams at home and bottom teams away than top teams away and bottom teams at home.

The hardest game we have left is tomorrow against Portsmouth. Then the next hardest Rotherham. Then Sunderland. Got some good games coming up. Glad they are all home games.

At the moment I have a feeling that we are as likely to end up 8th as we are 3rd. It might turn out like the final day of the 2010-11 season when the teams in mid table were so close that Bruce got us to 10th because we won our game and all of the teams around us lost or drew. Had those games gone any other way I think that we could have ended up as 16th or something.

Although is seems that everyone around us is winning it just takes a couple to falter to allow the leaders to assert themselves. Let's hope that we are not among those that falter. The next four games should offer us and indication of what's in store and then I think that the Easter fixtures pretty much define how the final table will look.

Three teams straight above of us have dropped 4 points out of 45 - need to get a run together and hope theirs dry up...

Posh are on a mental run. Played a lot of the better teams and have absolutely smashed the majority of them
They were lucky against us at their place. Equalised with a dodgy penalty the first time then equalised again in the 95th minute.

I’m just confused why it is you haven’t got the league title tied up already when you’re so awesome.
Awesome? No.

Same problem you had last season. We draw too many. And same problem you have this season. Nobody putting the ball in the net consistantly.

You saw at your place last season we play good passing football. And we were unlucky at your place this season. We keep hearing that we are the best side our opponents have played. But we are crap in front of goal. Lost count of the open goals we have missed. Don't even swear when ut happens now.
Huge, huge game.

Should have a bumper gate of about 6,500.
5,500 Pompey and 1,000 Cov.

Last edited:
Awesome? No.

Same problem you had last season. We draw too many. And same problem you have this season. Nobody putting the ball in the net consistantly.

You saw at your place last season we play good passing football. And we were unlucky at your place this season. We keep hearing that we are the best side our opponents have played. But we are crap in front of goal. Lost count of the open goals we have missed. Don't even swear when ut happens now.

5,500 Pompey and 1,000 Cov.
On that theme, where was Godden on Saturday? Is he injured?

Back