Latest boxing crack

Looking at the weigh in fury looks in fantastic condition. Lean and powerful. The extra weight on wilder will hurt him after round 6 onwards. Can’t wait for this. Think I’m going set alarm for 4.

I agree with that. Just seems that when you have such a bond and a link, it's worth keeping. Plus, how he performed in the first fight, it has the blueprint to win easily. It was Tyson who fucked it last time with being greedy and wanting a show not Davison. You think he is going for the KO like mate ?

I'd argue that the Kronk team with Andy Lee and Sugar Hill is a much better team tbh. Especially when you consider Fury's comments over the last two fights about just doing what he wanted and not listening to Ben. Clearly lacks the respect for him as an actual boxing man. Tyson fought a good fight given his circumstances, but that sort of approach at heavyweight is playing with fire because no matter how slick you are, you'll get caught at some point when you essential concede any sort of authoritative attack and reduce yourself mostly to back foot, evasive based boxing. Davison has a good analytical eye, but it's more just his willingness to explain it to lay people when other coaches can't be arsed - it's not usually amazing revelations imo. A few pages back I covered a load of them and then watched his BT analysis to see him going over the same stuff. It's pretty basic in honesty, but creates a good perception. I just think big fights like this your team has to be different

I think they'll most likely an approach if trying to grind Wilder down and take the KO if it comes, but really apply a lot of mental pressure and exhaust him. Worst case you don't stop him, but take so much out of him that he isn't the same threat in the later rounds and is vulnerable to be stopped. It's typical Kronk style. Set traps that pay dividends later in the fight. Make fake mistakes, then once he thinks he's figure out your 'mistake', you counter his counter because you know its not a real mistake. Wilder looks great, but remember he's not really this weight of a fighter whereas Fury has been these weights before - not sure it really translates in to a better, more powerful Wilder necessarily.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not so sure. I think AJ - Wilder still would have too much money there.

Respect to Davison but he helped Fury out more by being a motivational PT more than anything. He's good a good eye for things, but half the stuff he mentioned on the BT breakdown with Haye wasn't really new info. Think he'll be a decent trainer, but the Kronk team are a much more experienced and pro team.
Fury v wilder is much bigger for the us. They hardly know who Joshua is and love fury

Fury v wilder is much bigger for the us. They hardly know who Joshua is and love fury

That's what Arum says. In reality they were still trying to flog tickets for Fury - Wilder a couple days ago. It would be huge at Wembley.

Fury - AJ would be too, but I think the Wilder fight is one Hearn is dying for.

He will most like apply smart pressure. Just because we might not see him light ready to ride his bike, doesn't mean he has to go in head first for a war. Bit more authority in his shots, but more steadyness in his legs etc.
Exactly what I've been saying. Fury doesn't need to be at 100% on his aglity. At 80% he's still well off in the distance for Wilder. What he needs is the ability to make Wildler think twice about coming in

So, the big fight is almost here. Probably the most intriguing in years. Still furious at the first fight and the pure robbery that was witnessed. However, tonight it's all forgotten. Really not sure how it pans out. Fury moving Davison on is a strange one. Helped him lose 10 stone and mastermind a great performance in the fight fight. Fury now has a new trainer, come in heavy this fight, although he is far better conditioned. 3stone in weight could allow Fury to have increased KO power but may slow him down. The 47 stitches in his eye could be an issue however, having Stitch Duran in the corner is a big safeguard. Wilder looks in great shape and isn't carrying an injury. All makes for a great fight. Can not make a prediction either way. Head says Wilder by stoppage but heart says Fury going to take it out of the all American judges/referee hands and get a special stoppage. Should make for a cracker either way.

Was watching the fly on the wall documentary on ITV this week.....Fury was visibly shocked and not happy at weighing in at 18st 2lbs in his last fight, ....When you look at the way Tyson looked at Ben over the breaksfast it was like he was thinking "WTF have we done"......He then said to Ben, if I had gone on a run or a cycle this morning I would now be under 18st. I thought the split was strange but when you look at Tyson during that conversation its like its dawning on him that things need to change....He then obviously goes on to struggle like fuck and get a career threatening cut.
I reckon big John was instrumental in Ben Davison getting his letter.

If you havent watched the ITV fly on the wall documentary, Bens days were numbered when Tyson announced over breakfast he was down to 18st 2lbs....He looked at Ben like he was looking for a response. The writing was on the wall from that moment imho.

Last edited:

Back